Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #2171
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I just got mine and wow, for me, that is the Venom to have. I do have a critic though and I was hoping that you could tell me your expereience. The MacFarlane head is blueshi and does not match the black body. If this is something from my statue is bad, but acceptable,if it is for everyone is a huge mistake. Let me hear you experience
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:06 AM   #2172
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I just got mine and wow, for me, that is the Venom to have. I do have a critic though and I was hoping that you could tell me your expereience. The MacFarlane head is blueshi and does not match the black body. If this is something from my statue is bad, but acceptable,if it is for everyone is a huge mistake. Let me hear you experience
Can you provide a pic?

The only thing I can think of, is when the statue first was released a couple sets of pics surfaced showing the McFarlane head's jaw was not aligned properly. People were quite upset (rightly so) and it sort of blew up. XM came in and said they would halt shipping of anymore to produce a new run of McFarlane portraits to fix the jaw issue. I'm wondering if, when they did, the paint color used for the new heads was slightly different than the color that was originally used on the body.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #2173
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Same With mine. The MacFarlane head has slightly more blueish highlighting by the neck area where it meets the body vs the other two heads. Pretty common with this piece but it is the best 1/4 scale venom IMO. Congrats and enjoy!
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:42 PM   #2174
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Same here, the MacFarlane head is more blue and also more shiny than the rest of the body.
It was one of my main complaints about this statue.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:59 PM   #2175
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yes sad, that I would be my portrait to display and now the statue is a 9. I still think that it is the best so far and I will not need another one. Thanks
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #2176
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ok guys, this may sound like an insulting question but I am genuinely curious. Is this Venom really THAT good? I mean he looks cool in pictures but the skin looks super clean and smooth and lacks detail. Is this different in person? I have a chance to get this for around $1300-$1400 shipped and I'm wondering if I should bite.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #2177
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Ok guys, this may sound like an insulting question but I am genuinely curious. Is this Venom really THAT good? I mean he looks cool in pictures but the skin looks super clean and smooth and lacks detail. Is this different in person? I have a chance to get this for around $1300-$1400 shipped and I'm wondering if I should bite.
Isn't it all just personal preference? If you need us to convince you that it's great, then maybe you shouldn't be considering spending that kind of money on a statue you don't outright love.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #2178
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't own this piece, but was heavily considering it earlier this year. In the end I went with the Sideshow EX because it was less than half the going rate, and I too, don't really think it's worth $1,400+.

Which, BTW I've seen him sell for $1,100 shipped, so $1,300-1,400 is not a deal IMO.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #2179
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Isn't it all just personal preference? If you need us to convince you that it's great, then maybe you shouldn't be considering spending that kind of money on a statue you don't outright love.
I do really like it. I just want to hear from people who have it as I have never seen it in person, and as everyone knows, pictures almost never do these things justice.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #2180
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
I do really like it. I just want to hear from people who have it as I have never seen it in person, and as everyone knows, pictures almost never do these things justice.
I like mine. Was smiling ear to ear as I assembled him too. You are welcome to check out my unboxing and assembly video. https://youtu.be/8G-7-ITPBg8
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote