Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #411
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Yoshimitsu is still gonna go up for PO.

I really hope Alex will do something different for Yoshimitsu. I'd love them to set an Edition size for the EX that guarantees it gets made and do no variants to give that EX a better chance to sell out.

I think Law might have made if they only gave us the option of one EX....but i don't know.
When do you think we'll see a teaser pic for Yoshimitsu?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #412
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
When do you think we'll see a teaser pic for Yoshimitsu?
Well he was due to go up for order in Q1 2018 so maybe towards the end of the year.

Maybe by that time though Alex will make the decision just to stop the line and not do Yoshi, might make more business sense, rather than printing, painting etc etc.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:28 PM   #413
BurningRage
Inhumans

Well I didn't get that $50 coupon from Sideshow so I'll get the $50 from this deposit back instead.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #414
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I wish they were doing T7 Yoshi instead, though all versions of Yoshi are awesome. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think this line would be far more successful at 1/6. Fighting game characters are plentiful and look good together. A lot of their designs are simple and aren't as iconic looking when isolated. It is a lot easier to swallow a smaller scale and price for something like this.

That being said, I think the SoulCalibur line will have a much easier sell. Despite lacking the competitive scene Tekken has these days, I personally believe SoulCalibur is a license that resonates with people more strongly than Tekken, at least in terms of the characters and aesthetics. Nightmare is legendary so he is going to be an easy sell, but characters like Mitsurugi and Taki aren't too far behind him.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #415
BurningRage
Inhumans

I'm not sure they could have made a T7 Yoshi since Prime 1 has the license. Prime 1 could probably get the license for the remaining games when F4F loses it.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:13 PM   #416
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I wish they were doing T7 Yoshi instead, though all versions of Yoshi are awesome. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think this line would be far more successful at 1/6. Fighting game characters are plentiful and look good together. A lot of their designs are simple and aren't as iconic looking when isolated. It is a lot easier to swallow a smaller scale and price for something like this.

That being said, I think the SoulCalibur line will have a much easier sell. Despite lacking the competitive scene Tekken has these days, I personally believe SoulCalibur is a license that resonates with people more strongly than Tekken, at least in terms of the characters and aesthetics. Nightmare is legendary so he is going to be an easy sell, but characters like Mitsurugi and Taki aren't too far behind him.
I think most Tekken characters just look a bit boring in comparison, so you're only going to pique the interest of hardcore Tekken fans. Conversely a well-done Ivy, and Taki and Sophitia, to a lesser extent, would likely do pretty well due to crossover appeal, but I'm not sure those characters fit into what I perceive to be F4F's strengths (typically stuff that doesn't require realistic face sculpts).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #417
BurningRage
Inhumans

Haven you seen Simon Belmont? They can do realistic face sculpts.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #418
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

They really should've done the more popular characters first. That way their popularity will help sell for the initial numbers. Then once people get these in hand the popularity of the line should increase as long as the productions come out solid. That in turn will help sell the lesser known characters as people see how badass these pieces are in person and will have more encouragement to complete the line.

But I'm gutted tbh. I was so stoked for Law and that base was the stuff of dreams. Now it will be of nightmares .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:03 PM   #419
cubano
Frackin!

I have not heard anything from the company itself. Is this official?
cubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #420
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Haven you seen Simon Belmont? They can do realistic face sculpts.
That one did come out well - I forgot about that one. I was thinking about the Jin, Law and Kiryu (both old and revised sculpts) mostly.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote