Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-05-2018, 04:08 AM   #531
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBro View Post
King is an extremely popular character, not really sure who they shoulda started with. Like maybe law and paul first but idk
Well Law couldn't even sell 100 pieces....lots of people seem to have different ideas of who would be popular, i thought Jin would be a decent seller for sure...not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Did the line start with the characters it did because they’re Alex’s favorites? I could see King because they wouldn’t have to sculpt a human face, but it still seems like an odd choice to kick off the line (though Prime 1 also chose a weird first character...).
Apart from Heihachi or Kazuya maybe, King was a smart choice for a first statue, a character that's been in every Tekken game and is very popular....the "they didn't have to sculpt a face" thing is stupid, also King has a fantastic headsculpt.

King was easily the best statue i received in 2017. No one gave this line a chance....everyone talks a good game but not when it comes to putting the money down.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:15 AM   #532
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
I'm waiting for Nina! She's the only one I want.
We'll probably never see her at this point....apparently her and Paul were sculpted in 3D too....
Old 09-05-2018, 06:18 AM   #533
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
We'll probably never see her at this point....apparently her and Paul were sculpted in 3D too....
Actually, Alex is talking about a potential new method for dying lines; kickstarting characters.
I really hope he does this as well for Tekken because I want more females and non-vanilla human characters King is so awesome. His face sculpt is amazing and he actually has whiskers
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #534
supermetroid
Teen Titans

There's just so many licenses and characters now in the market that it's not hard to see why some aren't performing well. If I was swimming in money I probably still couldn't afford all the statues that I like and think look amazing lol. Having said that, F4F probably do a better job of keeping prices affordable and ES's reasonable compared to every other company. The only thing I question is some of the character choices on some lines, not Tekken(don't follow it much but I know they've done some of the more popular characters).
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #535
AkumaParallax
Fantastic Four

I got the King statue because of your review. I was trying to hold out for one of the mishimas but because this line may fail, I might pick up law or jin before the line dies. I saw your Jin review and I'm more tied to his character but the Law sculpt and pose looks so on point...
do you own the law also deadghostknight? I couldn't find a review on it on your channel. (side note: love your pcs reviews also)
AkumaParallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:20 PM   #536
cubano
Frackin!

I for one would be deeply disappointed if this line does not proceed. I for one feel that the quality and aesthetics of the statues are of top quality. Please do not let this line fade away. Thank you
cubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #537
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaParallax View Post
I got the King statue because of your review. I was trying to hold out for one of the mishimas but because this line may fail, I might pick up law or jin before the line dies. I saw your Jin review and I'm more tied to his character but the Law sculpt and pose looks so on point...
do you own the law also deadghostknight? I couldn't find a review on it on your channel. (side note: love your pcs reviews also)
Law hasn’t gone into production yet.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #538
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaParallax View Post
Thanks for watching man, means a lot to me

Law isn't released yet and may not be released.

Unfortunately because of low sales numbers he has not gone into production.

The plan is to relaunch him and try to get more sales, when this i don't know but i am reminding Alex who runs F4F weekly on stream at this point lol.

If Law gets enough support to be made this could mean the line continues and they try Yoshimitsu which is actually complete and ready to go.

Whatever happens i'll update this thread.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #539
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubano View Post
I for one would be deeply disappointed if this line does not proceed. I for one feel that the quality and aesthetics of the statues are of top quality. Please do not let this line fade away. Thank you
I totally agree, i sit here looking at my King, Jin and Nightmare and they just did a fantastic job on realizing the characters and the overall aesthetics.

Offering large Exclusive diorama bases and then offering plain black bases i thought was a stroke of genius to appeal to people who have their preferences.

And as always great prices....i really hope we see more.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #540
AkumaParallax
Fantastic Four

i want this line to continue. i might pick up jin once some of my pcs refunds come in. no money currently. money and space always gotta be the rate limiting step....
AkumaParallax is offline   Reply With Quote