Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-12-2023, 07:51 PM   #21
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rumor has it there is a special members only section within statueforum only mods can allow you access. jokes aside the SS BWL is a great representation…but is it better than the P1 version? We’ll art is subjective so it’s up to the observer to decide for themselves and no one else.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:11 PM   #22
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

How did I miss this thread?

Oh, yeah, I have zero interest in the character. But then I saw forps' name and had to check it out.

Since I know nothing of the character, I assume you're talking about these two:

Hate to do it, but I agree with forps.

Not because SS oozes ART (in fact, you can only ooze two things: sexuality, and puss... ), but because I can't stand Prime 1 art direction in general. They seemingly can't discern those compositions that work well in sculpted form versus print form. They load it up and it detracts from the subject of the piece. Doesn't work for me most of the time.

However, I'm not seeing 'chubbiness' from Prime 1, nor 'masterpiece' from SS either...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:34 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Remember he's talking about production paint (I think) which I too think looks too heavy at places.

Sideshow's pose gets the crazy across better. Prime 1 could have pretty much gone with Sideshow's pose and still included everything else including the chains.

I'd still take a repaint of the Prime 1 any day and then both of these in 1/4 if we're getting fartsy art...

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 12:28 PM   #24
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
This is possibly the dumbest post I've seen on this forum, which is quite a feat.
dao2, all is well with ARH ?
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 12:32 PM   #25
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
How did I miss this thread?

Oh, yeah, I have zero interest in the character. But then I saw forps' name and had to check it out.

Since I know nothing of the character, I assume you're talking about these two:

Hate to do it, but I agree with forps.

Not because SS oozes ART (in fact, you can only ooze two things: sexuality, and puss... ), but because I can't stand Prime 1 art direction in general. They seemingly can't discern those compositions that work well in sculpted form versus print form. They load it up and it detracts from the subject of the piece. Doesn't work for me most of the time.

However, I'm not seeing 'chubbiness' from Prime 1, nor 'masterpiece' from SS either...

ZenLogikos, you are 95% right. You are on the right path. As for "chubby", HEAVY paint, check the production. Prime1's 1/3 BWL looks like it was painted by throwing a bucket of black paint on it. Toooo heavy paint. Check the production, not the prototype. It is ATROCIOUS.

As soon as i unboxed it, i immediately put it again inside the boxes. I HATED IT. I LOATHED IT. It is atrocious.

But due to the constant hype by Tubers and the fact that there werent any BWL on the market (and it will probably remain the ONLY 1/3 licensed BWL), i knew it would appreciate.

So i kept it and i am waiting for the right moment to sell it (as soon as Harley who Laughs goes up for PO).

Oh and Harley who laughs 1/3 by Prime1 already looks more refined, more elegant than Batman Who Laughs 1/3. It looks like Prime1 listened to his majesty, Lord Forps or someone with an artsy eye told them so.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:36 PM   #26
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Remember he's talking about production paint (I think) which I too think looks too heavy at places.

Sideshow's pose gets the crazy across better. Prime 1 could have pretty much gone with Sideshow's pose and still included everything else including the chains.

I'd still take a repaint of the Prime 1 any day and then both of these in 1/4 if we're getting fartsy art...

gz33, you got it again. Classic for a LSB collector. They ALWAYS have a "better" eye.

Prime1's BWL 1/3 PRODUCTION, i repeat, PRODUCTION was like it was painted by giving a random guy a bucket of black paint to throw it over the sculpt.

It is atrocious. I HATE it. I LOATHE it.

Sideshow's pose, his hysteric laugh, the sculpt, the details, the intricate paint, the refined details, all scream MASTERPIECE.

All scream ART.

PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
Old 08-07-2023, 05:00 PM   #27
Forps is back
Mephisto

Resurrecting this thread for my friend, Zombiez.

Read it carefully and then if you have both statues, go and not simply watch them but "scan" them, get a chair and try to analyze even the tiniest detail.

I bet that after 10m, you are going to be amazed by how a smaller statue (1/4 scale) clearly MOCKS and DESTROYS a larger statue (1/3 scale).

The small one is refined, finessed, it is painted masterfully, the bigger one is a brute sculpt, with no finesse, no refinement, looking like it was painted by a guy taking a bucket of black paint and throwing it all over it.

Zombiez, this thread is for you. Study it carefully, take your time.

Nevertheless, cause confirmation bias is going to kick in (Prime1 and XM are better than Sideshow) i bet that nothing will change.

It is like trying to argue with Freakyguy, he is the most obnoxious and insane dude here.