Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #21
Doc McCoy
Mephisto

You mean my art isn't going to end up in the Smithsonian?
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:15 PM   #22
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Most of this tread has turned to silliness! Which was expected! Next thread: Which piece of art do you want when _ _ _ _ _ _ croaks?
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:18 PM   #23
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Hopefully I can sell most of it one day and do something fun with the money and give the rest to the kids
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #24
RoscoeDeGama
Fantastic Four

I actually have a deal with a fellow Statue Forum/CAF friend that if anything happens to me, he's in charge of selling things off; I'm to do the same for him if something were to go wrong on his end. And honestly, I would want my friend to just contact Shelton from Heroes in Charlotte and do some sort of auction, or sell my art and put the $ towards keeping my favorite show going-as long as my wife and sons are good to go.

Been thinking about this kind of thing a lot now that I'm over 40. It's making me rethink purchases and the art I'm chasing. Like others have noted on other threads here-more OA instead of commissions are in my future nowadays.

If my life is long and healthy, then I definitely see myself selling the lion's share of my collection before I'm too old to enjoy any loot from it. There are certain pieces one of my boys has helped me acquire at cons over the years that are going to him and one or two that I would want buried with me.
RoscoeDeGama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #25
superboylives
Mephisto

I also have a deal with one of my best friends, another Statue Forum member. He can choose any one piece of art from my collection for free and then he gets first dibs to purchase any of the remaining pieces. The rest of the collection he will help my wife price and sell off. My wife only sees the art as a piece of paper that really has no real value so she can't wait for me to pass on so she can get the cash. I'm kidding about that last part, but not about the first. She thinks the art that we collect is really a paper tiger(excuse the pun and the mixed metaphor), worthless.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #26
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I also have a deal with one of my best friends, another Statue Forum member. He can choose any one piece of art from my collection for free and then he gets first dibs to purchase any of the remaining pieces. The rest of the collection he will help my wife price and sell off. My wife only sees the art as a piece of paper that really has no real value so she can't wait for me to pass on so she can get the cash. I'm kidding about that last part, but not about the first. She thinks the art that we collect is really a paper tiger(excuse the pun and the mixed metaphor), worthless.
Ouch.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #27
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Ouch.
Yeah. I adore my wife, but she doesn't think it's art unless it's in a museum. I don't get her need to own 30+ pairs of shoes, so I guess we're even.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #28
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
Yeah. I adore my wife, but she doesn't think it's art unless it's in a museum. I don't get her need to own 30+ pairs of shoes, so I guess we're even.

Has she ever seen you sell artwork?
She might change her tune when she sees the paypal invoice.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #29
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'd be lucky if my entire art collection fetched me 5 grand so I'm not worried about it.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #30
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'd be lucky if my entire art collection fetched me 5 grand so I'm not worried about it.
Sold, paypal me an invoice ASAP

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote