Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

» Spotlight
DGK PCS Juri DGK PCS Ken Tweeterhead Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #221
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 116
This argument is getting exhausting. Both CC and P1 got the base file of the baby blue at a few million polys. Both companies are then tasked with sculpting the details that would normally be baked on with normal maps, displacement maps, etc in the film. There is rarely any sculpted on scaling detail on in film CGI. Thus creates the difference between the 2 companies details. To my eye, CC has it right, Prime 1's artist just went hog wild with scales and too much definition. CC's is more subtle, and more believable. I suggest to everyone that we wait until the 4k release to have a better look at the scales on baby blue and see which one really did the better job. But my gut is telling me CC is going to win this one.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #222
tamaboy311
I am da law!
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post
This argument is getting exhausting. Both CC and P1 got the base file of the baby blue at a few million polys. Both companies are then tasked with sculpting the details that would normally be baked on with normal maps, displacement maps, etc in the film. There is rarely any sculpted on scaling detail on in film CGI. Thus creates the difference between the 2 companies details. To my eye, CC has it right, Prime 1's artist just went hog wild with scales and too much definition. CC's is more subtle, and more believable. I suggest to everyone that we wait until the 4k release to have a better look at the scales on baby blue and see which one really did the better job. But my gut is telling me CC is going to win this one.
couldn't have said it a better way!!! me personally, went with P1 because I love the pose and the base. CC is amazing too.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #223
Verdun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post
This argument is getting exhausting. Both CC and P1 got the base file of the baby blue at a few million polys. Both companies are then tasked with sculpting the details that would normally be baked on with normal maps, displacement maps, etc in the film. There is rarely any sculpted on scaling detail on in film CGI.(...)
I was wondering about this. I figured the in film rendering is likely using maps, but wouldn't those maps be made from sculpted details?
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #224
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
I was wondering about this. I figured the in film rendering is likely using maps, but wouldn't those maps be made from sculpted details?
Yes, but those companies very rarely if ever release that asset to anyone outside of the producing company. All it takes is one employee that downloads the original and reproductions can be made unofficially.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:37 AM   #225
tamaboy311
I am da law!
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,070
P1 is definitely more accurate IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190211-011953_Instagram.jpg (477.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190211-012632_Instagram.jpg (764.9 KB, 38 views)
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 AM   #226
Boboli
Frackin!
 
Boboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
P1 is definitely more accurate IMO.
Thanks for the pics
Wow looks good so far ! Glass eye as well !
Ordered mine a while back .
Boboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #227
Phil the sixth
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,531
I don't know tama...I'm looking at both and I get the feeling that CC's version looks more like Baby Blue from the movie..I've pre-ordered CC's Baby Blue for that reason but what I can tell is that the factory paintjob will most probably be much better on the Prime 1 version.I'm still hoping for a good paintjob on CC's Baby Blue but if it turns out crappy like their recent JP/JW production pieces I'm cancelling immediately.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #228
tamaboy311
I am da law!
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I don't know tama...I'm looking at both and I get the feeling that CC's version looks more like Baby Blue from the movie..I've pre-ordered CC's Baby Blue for that reason but what I can tell is that the factory paintjob will most probably be much better on the Prime 1 version.I'm still hoping for a good paintjob on CC's Baby Blue but if it turns out crappy like their recent JP/JW production pieces I'm cancelling immediately.
I understand brother. At the end, both are baby blue and thats whats important
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #229
67L88Stingray
Statue Forum MacDaddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
P1 is definitely more accurate IMO.
Can't tell anything by those horrid pics. I didn't order either one yet, with so much new stuff coming out I think I may just stay with JP1.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #230
Phil the sixth
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
...with so much new stuff coming out I think I may just stay with JP1.
I hear you stingray and I would like to do the same but I can't...these last two new pieces from Prime 1 (I-rex & Spino) have left me speechless...these are mindblowingly beautifull dioramas imho.I've passed on their T-rex & Triceratops but I feel these are on another level of awesomeness...
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com