Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #10011
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Safe House 7.5/10
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #10012
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
You definitely can't compare this to anything else "G.I. Joe" reading many different comic book series through different publishers, I see this as just that a different take on G.I. Joe, I do not love it, but after a few times it has grown on me, and enjoy it from time to time. Sure there are many things that annoy the crap out of me, but seeing a live action Joe movie was awesome no matter how bad it was. I hope the second one doesn't suck, luckily the director is actually a fan of the book and knows alot of the backsotry, he was dealt an unfortune hand that he has to continue after ROC instead of just revamping it. But so far alot of it looks good, Firefly is in it, CC looks awesome, Duke may not be around for the whole film...I will definetly be seeing it on opening weekend.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #10013
Spazzy
Hercules

Director On ROC and Retaliation:
Chu: A lot of people liked it for whatever reason... it was fun and it was crazy. I liked it because it was fun, but it wasn’t necessarily Joe tradition. This one we go back to tradition. We bring back some of the old winks and nods and reinvent it for a new generation. It is on the ground, you get to feel the military world, the ninja world as a real world with some fantastical elements. It’s a re-attitude. It’s going to be a really, really fun movie. Just by having The Rock and by having Bruce Willis in it I hope indicates to everyone that we’re very serious about continuing the G.I. Joe tradition and reinventing the brand for everybody. We’re serious about making it kick-ass and not just soft.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #10014
DSET
The Secret Six

finally got around to seeing Control
as a Punk Head this movie really got to me
was good on so many levels
Riley was fantastic
Cinematography was remarkable
easily one of the best docu\bio dramas I have ever seen

4.5/5

Take Shelter
4/5
The Hunter
3.5/5
Dangerous Method
3.5/5
I'm a big Cronenberg and Viggo fan, If I wasn't I would have probably thought much less of this film.
Cowboys and Aliens
2/5
Descendants
3.5/5
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #10015
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
You definitely can't compare this to anything else "G.I. Joe" reading many different comic book series through different publishers, I see this as just that a different take on G.I. Joe,
Honestly, I'm tired of all the different takes and twists on characters. Especially the reboots that lose what makes these characters cool. I haven't read the Devil's Due comics. I have the first issue of the IDW Joe series. I plan on following it. But in any of these series is Baroness actually a good guy? Who would even think that would be a good idea? Plus, Cobra Commander was a good guy too? Seriously?! Here's a simple idea. Cobra Commander comes from an old foreign country that worships snakes. Then use a bit of the G.I. Joe cartoon movie story. The country was very militaristic in ancient times but was defeated by Western states coming together. Simple. Not the mess we got in Rise of Cobra.

Quote:
Just by having The Rock and by having Bruce Willis in it I hope indicates to everyone that we’re very serious about continuing the G.I. Joe tradition
Having these two actors is why I know it will suck. G.I. Joe: Resolute is still better than what I've seen from this new movie. I don't think the director gets it. He's selling his movie just like McG was doing with Terminator 4. Even though most knew what that was going to turn out to be as well.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #10016
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
No Spoilers in here so I PMed ya
Thanks now I remember and now I want to forget.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #10017
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Thanks now I remember and now I want to forget.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #10018
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hadn't watched this one since the theatrical release, forgot just how good it is...

The Insider 9/10, maybe even 10/10

I try very hard not to say a movie is perfect, but Mann making a movie about a whistleblower every bit as interesting and captivating as his other masterpiece, Heat, is an achievement unto itself. Great performances by all involved, from the biggies like Pacino and Crowe, to the vets like C. Plummer and the character actors like Bruce McGill et. al.

Damned good movie.

Oh, and by the way, get this one out on blu-ray dagnabbit!!!
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #10019
Rocket
Art of Mod

I haven't revisited The Insider in years. Will remedy that shortly, thanks SS!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #10020
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
Hadn't watched this one since the theatrical release, forgot just how good it is...

The Insider 9/10, maybe even 10/10

I try very hard not to say a movie is perfect, but Mann making a movie about a whistleblower every bit as interesting and captivating as his other masterpiece, Heat, is an achievement unto itself. Great performances by all involved, from the biggies like Pacino and Crowe, to the vets like C. Plummer and the character actors like Bruce McGill et. al.

Damned good movie.

Oh, and by the way, get this one out on blu-ray dagnabbit!!!
One of My favorites of all Time I freaking love it!
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote