Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-07-2021, 03:57 PM   #831
Thor57
Teen Titans

Grats to those who got it. I’d love to but I don’t feel I have the room or an accompanying piece. Maybe if I can track down a 1/3 PCS Conan.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #832
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
XIIIWARRIOR did you pay for priority shipping through P1? I'm seeing some other collectors get Sonja in as well.
No
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:52 PM   #833
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
XIIIWARRIOR did you pay for priority shipping through P1? I'm seeing some other collectors get Sonja in as well.
I still love that Sideshow Scars of the She-Devil statue, she's beastly sexy.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #834
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Review up on Batman statue collector on YouTube. Looks good!
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:12 PM   #835
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Review up on Batman statue collector on YouTube
Thank you

Looks good but after a few minutes I only looked at a few places in the video. I get a headache from this restless camera work.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #836
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Thanks ScoobyDoo, good to see a more detailed review, albeit a bit shakey...guess he was excited
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:45 PM   #837
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I've been going back and forth on this statue, and this video was GREAT in helping me decide. So thanks to whoever the reviewer was, great job.

It's not a bad piece in the end, I think I was overly critical at first.

The base is the only real point th a let's the statue down, imho. I wish P1 would calm down with these bases. In the end, P1 had to make some compromises with the base that leave it looking a bit cheap (e.g. the skulls). At this price, I would rather have a statue that just focuses on Red Sonja without all the additional noise that comes from the base.

I know some of you guys love these intricate bases, but you can't please everyone

In the end I'm gonna pass. I love 1/3 scale and Red Sonja, but not this version. I'll have to wait for someone else to make my dream 1/3 piece.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #838
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've been going back and forth on this statue, and this video was GREAT in helping me decide. So thanks to whoever the reviewer was, great job.

It's not a bad piece in the end, I think I was overly critical at first.

The base is the only real point th a let's the statue down, imho. I wish P1 would calm down with these bases. In the end, P1 had to make some compromises with the base that leave it looking a bit cheap (e.g. the skulls). At this price, I would rather have a statue that just focuses on Red Sonja without all the additional noise that comes from the base.

I know some of you guys love these intricate bases, but you can't please everyone

In the end I'm gonna pass. I love 1/3 scale and Red Sonja, but not this version. I'll have to wait for someone else to make my dream 1/3 piece.
I hope we get more! I’m surprised it took this long for a 1/3 Sonja since she is a popular character. I’d also love a 1/3 Conan and 1/3 Vampirella to go with this! But that’s probably just wishful thinking.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:06 PM   #839
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Prime 1 understands that they need to be different if they are going to sell statues of characters that are bigger and more expensive than the mainstream. They are targeting that demographic that wants more for their money and money knows no bounds in the art world. So they will do bigger and more awesome bases. The anime world knows this well. Prime 1 is bringing that greatness from Anime style to other collectibles. And for that, thank you Prime 1. Even though my space and box collection think otherwise.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:33 PM   #840
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Prime 1 understands that they need to be different if they are going to sell statues of characters that are bigger and more expensive than the mainstream. They are targeting that demographic that wants more for their money and money knows no bounds in the art world. So they will do bigger and more awesome bases. The anime world knows this well. Prime 1 is bringing that greatness from Anime style to other collectibles. And for that, thank you Prime 1. Even though my space and box collection think otherwise.
I get it, some people want their favourite characters in a contextual setting. For me, I find the bases draw attention away from the statue centrepiece, and I also like to "imagine" my own context for the characters.....weird I know.

I don't think P1 will miss my $, and I'm not suggesting this isn't a great looking statue - because it is, even with the compromises.......it's just, well, times are hard right now, and I have to be selective where I spend my $$. A few years ago I might have bought this, just because......but, unfortunately, not anymore
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote