Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sideshow?

I wasn’t sure where to post this but I feel like it’s an issue people should be aware of especially going forward. If there is a better spot - mods please delete this and point me in the right direction. Here goes:

I went and ordered Tweeterhead Black Adam from Sideshow because the shipping to Canada Tweeterhead offers is extremely over-priced. Anyways, I placed the order using an INT-THNKS code which has traditionally been applicable to any product sold by Sideshow. I noticed after I ordered that the discount hadn’t been applied and e-mailed Sideshow to ask them if they could retroactively apply it. They e-mailed me back and said they can’t retroactively apply the code... for... reasons? And Tweeterhead Black Adam is not able to have any promo codes OR Sideshow Rewards applied to it at all.

Is this new? Has anyone heard of this before? Is this the direction of Sideshow points and codes? I went to order a different product a few weeks ago and wasn’t able to apply two INT-THNKS codes which also has traditionally been allowed. Any info would be great for me going forward as collecting as a Canadian has always had its own set of struggles.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just to add - I’ve attached a screenshot of their response. I ordered Tweeterhead Superman 2.0 a few weeks back and was able to use Sideshow Rewards without issue. So this is really confusing to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	976774A1-ABB3-4A1D-8AA4-FF7B3DAA360F.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	138277  
Old 04-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #3
SDguy

Yeah, I confirmed... just tried to order Black Adam EX, and it doesn't give you any option to enter/redeem points. That kinda sucks... was hoping to use a bunch of points on Teela next week.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #4
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

I've run into that before. Could that be a tweeterhead thing? Not allowing points or promotions on some of their products.
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #5
ETERNIA FOREVER
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Just to add - I’ve attached a screenshot of their response. I ordered Tweeterhead Superman 2.0 a few weeks back and was able to use Sideshow Rewards without issue. So this is really confusing to me.
Was it the exclusive version that you ordered ?
ETERNIA FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #6
ETERNIA FOREVER
The Spirit

///////////////////
Old 04-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #7
AC_808
Hercules

Sounds like Tweeterhead and SSC agreed to a level and fair playing field.

By disallowing the use of reward points and promotional codes on the Black Adam EX, then people won't favor buying from SSC more than Tweeterhead. Only makes sense since SSC now can sell the EX on their site.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:23 PM   #8
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
Was it the exclusive version that you ordered ?
Yeah it was the EX. I got lucky and ordered it through Sideshow and used points. Someone else mentioned that maybe it’s part of an agreement between Sideshow and Tweeterhead. The problem is that Tweeterhead is charging $125.00 for shipping to Canada.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #9
ETERNIA FOREVER
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Someone else mentioned that maybe it’s part of an agreement between Sideshow and Tweeterhead

That was me that had mentioned that , Now even though i never have, i knew that you could always buy tweeterhead statues directly from them for exclusives, however when i was on there site clicking Hordak, Superman, and Catwoman, it only took me directly to sideshows site for purchase , so i thought that perhaps tweeterhead only sells through sideshow Now even for the Exclusive, and wrote that post you mentioned , but then i clicked black Adam and seen that they are indeed still selling the Exclusives on there site , so i deleted that previous post lol ...
Old 04-04-2021, 04:27 AM   #10
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Do you earn RP’s buying Tweeterhead on the SS sight still?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote