Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #7291
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason0122 View Post
I preordered a couple prints from Sideshow recently without the framing. Can anyone recommend a good place to get the framing done. Reasonably priced?
Dick Blick and Beards Framing I've used (in my area). I recommend both but they can be pricey depending on what you are looking for frame and glass wise.

On the cheaper end of the spectrum you have Michael's and Hobby Lobby but you get what you pay for and I am not recommending these two just giving you other options. I have read good things and horror stories from these two stores.

It is best to do a search in your area and read reviews.

EDIT: Other suggestions on the cheapest end, buy your own frame and place the print inside it or buy a correctly sized portfolio (with top loader pages) and place your prints in that so you can flip through it at your leisure.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:12 PM   #7292
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'd avoid Michael's.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #7293
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Dick Blick and Beards Framing I've used (in my area). I recommend both but they can be pricey depending on what you are looking for frame and glass wise.

On the cheaper end of the spectrum you have Michael's and Hobby Lobby but you get what you pay for and I am not recommending these two just giving you other options. I have read good things and horror stories from these two stores.

It is best to do a search in your area and read reviews.

EDIT: Other suggestions on the cheapest end, buy your own frame and place the print inside it or buy a correctly sized portfolio (with top loader pages) and place your prints in that so you can flip through it at your leisure.
Learn the framer. The michaels I went to did an good job on mines. To the point I will not buy anymore framed pictures from sideshow. Mainly because I’m tired of their basic frames. You can choose museum quality framing if you want. It gets pricey but a few times a year they do 70% off. That’s when you take everything to get framed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	078F172A-04D8-474C-8577-64BFD25FE85C.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	115652  
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #7294
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
Learn the framer. The michaels I went to did an good job on mines. To the point I will not buy anymore framed pictures from sideshow. Mainly because I’m tired of their basic frames. You can choose museum quality framing if you want. It gets pricey but a few times a year they do 70% off. That’s when you take everything to get framed.
Thanks for all the info everyone. Think I will try Hobby Lobby and Michaels. But I will try to find a better framing place first. 😊
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:08 AM   #7295
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I had a few prints I needed framed and I had very good luck at Michael's. They do have alot of frames with pre cut mat's inside of them. The majority of my prints are in black frames with a white/off white matting. I was able to find frames with pre cut mats that fit the pics I need and they do look very nice.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #7296
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thank you. Good info. That’s what i am gonna try first. To find a frame on sale or with a coupon that has matting already inside. Hopefully I can find matting other than white/off white, but if I can’t its ok.😊
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:28 AM   #7297
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Death of Wolverine is shipping out soon. Just got the notice that my account will be charged
Same. I’m guessing this wasn’t a big seller.
My first Ross piece and I’m excited
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:21 PM   #7298
nameivom
The Herculoids

The Olivia Joker is now available unframed.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #7299
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

another option would be to have them cut the matting for you.
say if you have a print that is 11 x 14. You could find a frame you like -say 14 x 18. Have them cut a mat board to fit in the frame and then have them cut an 11 x 14 hole in the mat board that would show your print. Most frames do come with some kind of a backing board that you could adhere the print to.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #7300
pokritz17
Hydra

just opened my Ivy print, man it's gorgeous!
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote