Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #111
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I have the Sideshow Gambit. I love the piece. From the neck down, it is excellent. But, let's all be honest here...if any company tried to give us those portraits today, they would be ripped hard.

Still need some better pics of the XM Gambit, but it's looking pretty good so far. Might need some tweaks to the paint on the hair, skin etc.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #112
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I have the Sideshow Gambit. I love the piece. From the neck down, it is excellent. But, let's all be honest here...if any company tried to give us those portraits today, they would be ripped hard.

Still need some better pics of the XM Gambit, but it's looking pretty good so far. Might need some tweaks to the paint on the hair, skin etc.
The SS PF has that smoking portrait. That is something we may never see again in a licenced product.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #113
SONICobra
Batman

i like the portrait on the og pf, well the smoking one - the other is pretty meh. the classic one on this looks good too, and similar to the pf the other is meh lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #114
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Any help needed to get Gambit can PM me since its a XM exclusive
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #115
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
The SS PF has that smoking portrait. That is something we may never see again in a licenced product.
That's definitely true...those days are long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i like the portrait on the og pf, well the smoking one - the other is pretty meh. the classic one on this looks good too, and similar to the pf the other is meh lol
It's not terrible for the day it was made. But, just look at the teeth alone...those would not be acceptable today.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #116
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Gambit Vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRDh5j18udA
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #117
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Certain angles I think the short haired face looks good, but others angles I'm really not liking it. interested to see the other head. Also what do you guys thinking of the 2 textures on his chest piece? I dont understand the reason to have the very "outer" area smoother and his chest/abbs highly textured.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #118
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
xm is providing these options to address complaints about "high shipping costs". Translate that to "we have a lot of customers in the US who pay direct shipping costs out of pocket because we don't have authorized dealers in North America".

I love XM but this is the white elephant in the room. if they were selling majority of their stuff in their licensed regions through authorized local retailers then this would not be the issue that it's being made out to be. But when US customers are paying $300-$400 for 1 XM box, then you are going to lose a ton of US sales if your XM statue has 2 boxes.
North Americans need to learn that it is now a global economy.

If you want it, you pay for it. Personally I have no sympathy. Coming from Australia I'm paying through the nose for shipping on everything, from everyone. A lot of the time, I'm paying shipping for stuff to get from China, to the US, then back to Australia. It's ridiculous! Though you know what? No-one is forcing me to buy this stuff.

For the A vs B argument, I actually think a bit of it is from the Transformers as well. When XM had to cut some of the swap outs thinking that it would be too expensive, heaps of people came out and said they would have paid extra to get it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Look I'm sure all the video's are great but are there any pictures out there?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #119
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
not loving this pose or head sculpt at all.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #120
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
North Americans need to learn that it is now a global economy.

If you want it, you pay for it. Personally I have no sympathy. Coming from Australia I'm paying through the nose for shipping on everything, from everyone. A lot of the time, I'm paying shipping for stuff to get from China, to the US, then back to Australia. It's ridiculous! Though you know what? No-one is forcing me to buy this stuff.
I agree with you. But I stand by my original point... if XM was selling these pieces through local retailers in licensed regions the shipping costs wouldn't be cost-prohibitive. But XM is making this effort because they're selling a ton of stuff in unauthorized regions through grey market dealers and the buyers are choking on the shipping cost. XM's business model will collapse if they lose the (unlicensed) North American customer.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote