Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-10-2018, 02:22 AM   #31
iguana
Blue Falcon

Found a few more on FB. In here it looks more like a 1/6 =).

iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:22 AM   #32
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

For me they have commited a mistake on this one. I don't feel this statue at all, there is not communication between Zodd and Guts. I did not get this sword position, what he is cutting? The portrait is not good as well. I do believe that this is one of those statues that you get sick of it pretty soon
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:24 AM   #33
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
For me they have commited a mistake on this one. I don't feel this statue at all, there is not communication between Zodd and Guts. I did not get this sword position, what he is cutting? The portrait is not good as well. I do believe that this is one of those statues that you get sick of it pretty soon
They fly through cloudly Ganishka, the Sword position is like in the manga (Episode 277). I miss the lightning that hit them right before, would make this statue much more dramatic cause both were (especially guts) totally exhausted but yet they made it through. It seems P1 will have lightnings but on the other side I really like that Oniri added the face on the back of the statue.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #34
dadoo69
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

It's correct, based on episode 277 in manga reference. The same as old AOW statue too.

dadoo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #35
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I know that it is from manga. I have it. The thing is that everything that is on the manga does not make a good statue. I maintain my position that this is not a good choice, but i respect does that like. My feeling is that people gonna buy and get rid of it in one year
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:11 AM   #36
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Found a few more on FB. In here it looks more like a 1/6 =).
Yep now it looks more like 1/6. Before Guts just seemed too small.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:41 AM   #37
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I know that it is from manga. I have it. The thing is that everything that is on the manga does not make a good statue. I maintain my position that this is not a good choice, but i respect does that like. My feeling is that people gonna buy and get rid of it in one year
I udnerstand your thinking, for me I like it when it's accurate to the original art. Of course they can do some little changes but if you pick a specific scene from the manga I don't like too much changes.

@qz33: yeah thought the same
Old 07-11-2018, 01:20 AM   #38
Vendetta
The X-Men

I think it's a really cool piece. The only real drawback - besides price, of course - is that it's almost impossible to display, but this will almost certainly be true of P1's take on this scene too.

I was fortunate to see P1's 1/5 Apostle Zodd at WF, and even that looked nearly impossible to display, and both statues of this scene may be even harder to display because of the added depth due to the pose... plus, as noted, you'll want to see the back of this statue too because of Ganishka's face.

I think there's an untapped market somewhere between the craziness we've gotten from Prime 1 and now from Oniri Creations and figma action figures. Maybe F4F will settle in a sweet spot, but I think they got too close to Prime 1's pricing on their Ex, with the added cost coming from a polarizing concept (phallic ghosts).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:37 AM   #39
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I think it's a really cool piece. The only real drawback - besides price, of course - is that it's almost impossible to display, but this will almost certainly be true of P1's take on this scene too.

I was fortunate to see P1's 1/5 Apostle Zodd at WF, and even that looked nearly impossible to display, and both statues of this scene may be even harder to display because of the added depth due to the pose... plus, as noted, you'll want to see the back of this statue too because of Ganishka's face.

I think there's an untapped market somewhere between the craziness we've gotten from Prime 1 and now from Oniri Creations and figma action figures. Maybe F4F will settle in a sweet spot, but I think they got too close to Prime 1's pricing on their Ex, with the added cost coming from a polarizing concept (phallic ghosts).
Yeah totally, they are stunning but I don't understand why it have to be bigger and bigger. Most Collectors have space issues these days. You can make decent statues with a smaller scale too. Especially for the DIO lines I wished they've chosen at least a 1/7 line. My Headlong Berserker Armor is just an 1/8 and looks great, but no it has to be bigger cause some fools shout of for it.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #40
dadoo69
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm agree with most of you, for me bigger doesn't mean better but it seems to be the way of the current market...

I think that's a shame they don't propose new original statue and just "remake" of old AOW
dadoo69 is offline   Reply With Quote