Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-16-2019, 03:19 AM   #3751
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So i got this in yesterday, and wow holy crap this thing is gigantic! Was debating cancelling my order because of how expensive it was but i am glad i did not. The attention to detail on this is amazing. Sculpt, pose, paint, everything i can't see any reason any faults on this at all. Amazingly crafted! Just have to figure out if i will be able to display by my other X-men pieces! Enjoy the pictures! Oh, its fist is almost as large as mine!

More pictures here: http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...158150&page=23

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:26 AM   #3752
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

From all those pics I wonder how everybody is displaying him properly with the other quarter scale statues, given the fact that most of us use Bestas or similar sized showcases.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:27 AM   #3753
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

From all those pics I wonder how everybody is displaying him properly with the other quarter scale statues, given the fact that most of us use Bestas or similar sized showcases.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:48 AM   #3754
Darkhumor

Like I was saying... Juggs is no bigger than Sideshows other large character pf's. What a bunch of misleading SS kool aid drinkers defendng this piece to the teeth. At least some of us that have been in this hobby for a long time can comprehend size properly, and are honest about it. Can we get a side by side shot with Juggs Apocalypse, and Doomsday now? Sideshow raped you guys on the cost of this statue. How does it feel to take it up the butt from your favorite company? Im sure Divo especially loves it for sure.

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #3755
Vader
Ghost

why don't you guys just let the people who bought it enjoy it for what it is. A beautiful piece.

It is priced high. But so are most statues these days. If you don't want to spend the money, don't buy it.

The pricing may be as high as it is because of the low edition size.

XM pieces with the shipping cost more than this piece. And I like this piece much better. Put him next to the xm magneto and then complain about the price.

I preferred the pricing at $550 for pieces of this size. but everything else has doubled or more. so I'm not that surprised.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #3756
Vader
Ghost

double post
Old 10-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #3757
Vader
Ghost

double post
Old 10-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #3758
Darkhumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
why don't you guys just let the people who bought it enjoy it for what it is. A beautiful piece.

It is priced high. But so are most statues these days. If you don't want to spend the money, don't buy it.

The pricing may be as high as it is because of the low edition size.
Some of us want accurate reviews of the size so we can make a decision whether to drop a large sum of money. When reviewers and posters post half truths or mislead others to think the size is larger than it really is, they really shouldn't be reviewing, and they're just doing a disservice for the rest of us. If people weren't so misleading, I wouldn't have called them out on it, and would have just let them be. But a lot of these posters are full of *it when reviewing a new statue they just recently received.

The edition was set months after pre orders went up. That's after there werent enough people buying it, when they capped it off to 400. It didn't go into waitlist until a week ago.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #3759
Vader
Ghost

but they know that they don't sell the numbers they used to. And production costs have gone up generally. Hence, the prices are bound to go up.

Look at the edition size on this compared to wolverine, and some of the others. I'm not surprised its expensive. It's not a small statue. But it is not gigantic. It's the proper size/scale for the line.

It is not a steal. But the price is not surprising given the price of other items in this class. The big pieces always sold for more. For example, that abomination was a lot of money in its day if I remember correctly.

People call things "huge" according to their display space. Let the pictures give you an indication. It is hard to display because of the overall footprint. but it is not a mammoth piece in itself.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #3760
Vader
Ghost

but they know that they don't sell the numbers they used to. And production costs have gone up generally. Hence, the prices are bound to go up.

Look at the edition size on this compared to wolverine, and some of the others. I'm not surprised its expensive. It's not a small statue. But it is not gigantic. It's the proper size/scale for the line.

It is not a steal. But the price is not surprising given the price of other items in this class. The big pieces always sold for more. For example, that abomination was a lot of money in its day if I remember correctly.

People call things "huge" according to their display space. Let the pictures give you an indication. It is hard to display because of the overall footprint. but it is not a mammoth piece in itself.