Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-07-2022, 09:47 AM   #501
AC_808
Hercules

Couldn't hold off any longer. Ordered the 1/6 exclusive.

I knew I was going to get the 1/6 exclusive so just pulled the trigger. Waiting on the 1/4 version for now tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #502
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Couldn't hold off any longer. Ordered the 1/6 exclusive.

I knew I was going to get the 1/6 exclusive so just pulled the trigger. Waiting on the 1/4 version for now tho.
I've got her on my wishlist just to help me keep an eye on her. I have some SS stuff shipping later this year and wouldn't mind accumulating a few more points (along with those given out during events) to put towards WW.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #503
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I've got her on my wishlist just to help me keep an eye on her. I have some SS stuff shipping later this year and wouldn't mind accumulating a few more points (along with those given out during events) to put towards WW.

Yeah, I'm doing that too. Waiting for stuff to ship to accumulate RPs. But for the other 1/4 PFs and MAQs that I have on my wishlist.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:55 PM   #504
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

This is an interesting release.

Two scales of the same sculpt being offered for sale at the same time. I think its pretty cool. I dont remember seeing this before, solicited like this with scales so close together. It gives options upfront and the consumers know what versions will be made and what choices they have. I like that.

On the other hand if this becomes the norm 2 scales of every sculpt and 2 versions of each scale, I think it will get played out VERY quickly. It makes total financial sense for Tweeterhead and it does give multiple options for different collectors. As good as these options are if this practice becomes the norm (1/6 & 1/4 scales available for each piece) i sincerely believe this solicitation technique may cause more harm than good.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 02:14 AM   #505
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Do we know if any of the photos they've released are actually of the 1/4th version or are they 1/6th? The photography doesn't change on the website given which option you choose... to my eye it looks like 1/6th as the small details / textures are a little soft compared to SS and other companies' recent 1/4 offerings. Very curious to see what kind of differences there will be between the two versions - if the 1/4th is just the 1/6th scaled up instead of the other way around I think I'd be a little bummed out if I pre-ordered.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:12 AM   #506
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Do we know if any of the photos they've released are actually of the 1/4th version or are they 1/6th? The photography doesn't change on the website given which option you choose... to my eye it looks like 1/6th as the small details / textures are a little soft compared to SS and other companies' recent 1/4 offerings. Very curious to see what kind of differences there will be between the two versions - if the 1/4th is just the 1/6th scaled up instead of the other way around I think I'd be a little bummed out if I pre-ordered.

Considering that this piece was originally the next in a 1/6 line, I would assume the prototype is 1/6 scale. And I would also assume that the pics we are looking at now are of that prototype.

Not to mention, this deal between TH and SSC came after WW 2.0 was announced and teased.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:13 PM   #507
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
This is an interesting release.

Two scales of the same sculpt being offered for sale at the same time. I think its pretty cool. I dont remember seeing this before, solicited like this with scales so close together. It gives options upfront and the consumers know what versions will be made and what choices they have. I like that.

On the other hand if this becomes the norm 2 scales of every sculpt and 2 versions of each scale, I think it will get played out VERY quickly. It makes total financial sense for Tweeterhead and it does give multiple options for different collectors. As good as these options are if this practice becomes the norm (1/6 & 1/4 scales available for each piece) i sincerely believe this solicitation technique may cause more harm than good.
I see it as all positive.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #508
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Me too. This allows collectors choices. I doubt anyone will stop collecting 1/6 pieces if that's what they've been doing for years. It's not like 1/6 collectors will suddenly stop and scale up to 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:19 PM   #509
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Me too. This allows collectors choices. I doubt anyone will stop collecting 1/6 pieces if that's what they've been doing for years. It's not like 1/6 collectors will suddenly stop and scale up to 1/4 scale.
lots of positives. i've clearly stated this.

This is a great way for companies to maximize profits on one sculpt. It's a slippery slope. imagine if a handful of companies start adopting this an the same sculpt is released in 1/6. 1/4 & 1/3 scale. this is not all positive. This IMO would hurt the integrity of hobby. Others will disagree by saying you buy what you like and not to make a $$$, this gets more statues in more peoples hands and everyone is happy...i know the arguments and i understand the perspectives. Me personally, these days when everything is inclusive, let's keep our collectibles Exclusive.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #510
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
lots of positives. i've clearly stated this.

This is a great way for companies to maximize profits on one sculpt. It's a slippery slope. imagine if a handful of companies start adopting this an the same sculpt is released in 1/6. 1/4 & 1/3 scale. this is not all positive. This IMO would hurt the integrity of hobby. Others will disagree by saying you buy what you like and not to make a $$$, this gets more statues in more peoples hands and everyone is happy...i know the arguments and i understand the perspectives. Me personally, these days when everything is inclusive, let's keep our collectibles Exclusive.

Totally agree. 1/6 is capable of showing good details thanks to modern day technology. But compared to bigger scales it is nevertheless a compromise of a fair quality at a somewhat reasonable price.

While choice is good - making a budget version of a premium collectible product is a wrong idea at its? core.

For instance when TH announced Joker 2.0 ppl were so excited. Because that statue represented a very unique image of the character as a clown prince of crime regardless of a scale.

That is what I as a collector want - a lower tier priced/sized unique collectible item.

Not a Ford Focus of a statue.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote