Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-14-2023, 08:26 PM   #11
qz33
Doctor Doom

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:23 PM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

Spent the last two days figuring out where I could put this and finally got it, this will be mine
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 11:56 PM   #13
aadroban
Birdman

Definitely getting these two but I wonder what the direction of this line will be after He-Man/Battle Cat and Skeletor/Panthor. Are they focusing only on mounts? Possibly vehicles? I'd kind of like to see some of these characters in a running pose heading into battle or fighting with each other in a diorama . . I don't want everyone sitting down lol
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 03:58 AM   #14
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
Definitely getting these two but I wonder what the direction of this line will be after He-Man/Battle Cat and Skeletor/Panthor. Are they focusing only on mounts? Possibly vehicles? I'd kind of like to see some of these characters in a running pose heading into battle or fighting with each other in a diorama . . I don't want everyone sitting down lol
I recall Igo saying this 1:6 classics line was partially inspired by this Alex Ross MOTU print, so I'd say this line will indeed by full on action poses with the idea of having them all sharing the same space engaged in a huge battle royale.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 06:12 AM   #15
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It’s an “O”, not an “E” in Panthor’s name.
I’m hoping it autocorrect that’s doing people in

If we could make a pseudo battle scene with the classics line, that would be cool. It would also mean they need to hurry up and make more of those designs. Just one isn’t cutting it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:08 AM   #16
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Skeletor on panther looks glorious. Nostalgia overload.

These statues set off a nostalgia trigger like no other statues have ever done before in the hobby. It's a remarkable effect seeing this things have on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Spent the last two days figuring out where I could put this and finally got it, this will be mine
I have a spot ready to go being occupied by my 1:4 Enterbay Bruce Lee, Blitzway Bruce Lee and PCS Goro. I measured it out, will fit perfectly, only have to way a solid 2 years tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

ohhh these pics look a lot better than the other ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It?s an ?O?, not an ?E? in Panthor?s name.
I?m hoping it autocorrect that?s doing people in

If we could make a pseudo battle scene with the classics line, that would be cool. It would also mean they need to hurry up and make more of those designs. Just one isn?t cutting it.
every time i type Skeletor it autocorrects to skeleton

but year the have to put a rush on this Skeletor, please Chad hit the button!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:29 AM   #17
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I recall Igo saying this 1:6 classics line was partially inspired by this Alex Ross MOTU print, so I'd say this line will indeed by full on action poses with the idea of having them all sharing the same space engaged in a huge battle royale.

Totally down with this. I want ALL of the characters in a glorious battlescape. Got everything planned out to transform my game room into MOTU heaven . . . Legends lined up on display stands along the perimeter, Classics arranged together in the interior. Not sure how far I'm going to continue with the Iron Studios line. Got both the Deluxe Skeletor and the Deluxe He-Man. They're nice enough for small collectibles, but I prefer the sheer presence and visual quality of Tweeterhead's lineup. I'm hooked . . the wait just kills me though.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:37 AM   #18
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Is Skeletor a lefty? Or ambidextrous? For some reason I find it fascinating he is fighting with his sword in his left hand.
This makes me want to go back and watch cartoons to figure it out if he is or if this is an artistic decision (which I'm obviously aware that is part of it).

Also, what are people's thoughts on the bases. As it looks now, they aren't fighting in the same area. Am I the only one who wishes they were similar terrain? Or maybe they are and the lack of color is making it hard for me to tell.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:47 AM   #19
Mister H
Gen 13

Will Skeletor get a cape?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:58 AM   #20
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Is Skeletor a lefty? Or ambidextrous? For some reason I find it fascinating he is fighting with his sword in his left hand.
This makes me want to go back and watch cartoons to figure it out if he is or if this is an artistic decision (which I'm obviously aware that is part of it).

Also, what are people's thoughts on the bases. As it looks now, they aren't fighting in the same area. Am I the only one who wishes they were similar terrain? Or maybe they are and the lack of color is making it hard for me to tell.
In Filmation the area leading to Grayskull has gnarled and twisted trees. Some almost purple.
Then on the bridge to Grayskull (not just the drawbridge) things look like where He-Man is.
Pretty sure Igo has referenced an episode where this was the case.
So He-Man is coming out to defend and Skele is leading his charge.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote