Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #21
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Great reviews fellas.
I'm actually starting to feel refreshed by reading comics again. Marvel is on fire!
And DC is bringing me back into the fold.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #22
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
thanks fellas, cool to see the whole cage thing affected you guys the way it affected me.

Word on Wolvie jdh, I agree obviously. What do you think of ramos's art?
I'm always a fan of Ramos' art, he's doing particularly well here. He seems to merge the comic book and graffiti styles much better than anyone else. Just read #44, and while it wasn't quite up to the standard of #s 42 and 43, the last page is worth the cover price alone. Good stuff, they should get this writer back on Wolverine - but then, really, I only like it because it's Logan in the Marvel Universe, not mired in his godforsaken Madripoor/Japan backstory or the X-verse. That's also why Enemy of the State was so good.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #23
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
I'm always a fan of Ramos' art, he's doing particularly well here. He seems to merge the comic book and graffiti styles much better than anyone else. Just read #44, and while it wasn't quite up to the standard of #s 42 and 43, the last page is worth the cover price alone. Good stuff, they should get this writer back on Wolverine - but then, really, I only like it because it's Logan in the Marvel Universe, not mired in his godforsaken Madripoor/Japan backstory or the X-verse. That's also why Enemy of the State was so good.
be on the lookout, in this months previews "enemy of the state" was just solicited as an oversized hardcover. WORD WORD WORD WORD.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #24
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I like Yu's art alot. But I was hoping he would continue doing Ultimate Wolvie vs Hulk. Either way I wouldn't mind him as a regular on New Avengers.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #25
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
dawg, that revears story was the best wolvie in a long time. Remember when Forge or whoever it was finnaly came to the rescue and blew Skullcrusher in half? That **** was cold blooded.

I keep forgetting we are the same age and have been reading the same comics for pretty much the last 20 years. We could go on like this forever...

Those were the days for Wolvie...

We could indeed go on forever like this
Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #26
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
word.

ALso there was the one, in x-men I think when Juggernaught Took on collosus cause they were all at a bar, and wolvie was kind of the one who stirred up the pot cause he thought collossus was selfish about the way he treated kitty when he was in love with that alien girl during secret war. Said something about how kitty sacrificed herself to the morlocks for him, and he should show more or something like that. You are right bro, those were they glory days of wolvie...

Sounds like Uncanny X-men #182 or there abouts. A good read, Colossus gets his arse kicked but doesn't embarass himself.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
dawg, did you like enemy of the state/agent of shield? those arcs rocked!

And can someone tell me the issue of the barroom brawl w/ juggy. I NEEEED to read that one.

Dawg, can't wait for your definitive wolvie statue too.
b_c, that brawl between Colossus and Juggernaut was in Uncanny X-Men #183, and you can also find it in the JR JR Visionaries HC.

IB, while Colossus didn't embarrass himself in the fight, he did embarrass himself with his overall behavior. And that was Wolverine's point to him.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Joe, I may be in the minority, but I found some of Kubert's art not that great. Great in some parts, not the entire issue. I'd take Jim Lee over him anyday. But hey, I think the story is AWESOME. Its great to have Bruce try to be Bruce again, instead of being batman 24/7. Moorison just loves to throw you right in the middle of the action

Yes, I'm a bendis-hater, and I probably will never read all those issues of Daredevil I missed. However, I'm a total brubaker fan, and am beginnning to think the top three books may very well all be Bru's. But he was classy thanking the former creative team, and love the out of nowhere twist at the end.

And I still got New Avengers and Wolverine to read. Yes!
Mike, I think I'm in the minority with this comment. Jim Lee draws beautiful pictures but from a sequential story telling point of view his art simply does nothing for me. Everything looks the same and is just too static. He doesn't have the fluidity of a Gil Kane, the variety of a George Perez, the sheer dynamism of a Jack Kirby, Walt Simonson or John Byne (back in the say) and he simply does not know how to lay out a page like a Joe Kubert. I can look at any one of his giclees, like the recent one of Batman and Superman and think it's fantastic but be left cold with his comic book stories.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #29
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

What issue does Adam take on Superman Joe?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #30
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Keith, I believe it's Action Comics #844 according to this article:

http://www.newsarama.com/SDCC06/DC/action_D_G.html