Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #111
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
Not necessarily but a breakthrough in my eyes. PCS is in a drought with the Street Fighter line. I haven't seen an amazing piece since Sagat. Too many poses that look like they were recycled from another piece (like Ryu and Akuma 1/3 pieces). I'm hoping this Chun Li piece end the drought for me.
Quote:
Yes, they did broke the Internet....but for the wrong reason thought.
My apologies, I didnt realize we had Odin the All-Knowing on the forum
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #112
dao2
Cyclops

I added Drahmin to my ignore list a long long time ago... he's part of an exclusive population that includes only him and cbg ;p There will probably be a 3rd citizen soon though :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #113
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Not necessarily but a breakthrough in my eyes. PCS is in a drought with the Street Fighter line. I haven't seen an amazing piece since Sagat. Too many poses that look like they were recycled from another piece (like Ryu and Akuma 1/3 pieces). I'm hoping this Chun Li piece end the drought for me.
I have to respectfully disagree. The street fighter releases keep getting better and better. I love the ultra line, love the 1:3 line and the mixed media are amazing. The poses are taken right from the game so idk how they are recycled.

Quote:
Yes, they did broke the Internet....but for the wrong reason thought.
What reason? Beside them being AMAZING! Spectacular! Sensational!
Again you are entitled to your opinion. But the sellouts speak for themselves.
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #114
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
While sculpturally the Ryu and Akuma are very high end, they wear simple Gis.

Chun Li's tailoring has to be in a completely new league for mixed media statues.
Yeah I didn't think about the tailoring. Thanks Jerry.
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #115
strife87
Spider-Ham

I agree with klear knives. In my eyes there have been many great pieces between sagat and this chun. The 1:3 ryu and akuma are meant to compliment one another, which I think they do very well, on top of looking great in their own respect.
Gouken came out fantastic in hand and while people have issues with the weathering on new ryu, there is no denying the sculpt itself is wonderfully done. Balrog was awesome as well, not to mention the protos we've seen of the ultra line and the mm Nash, to name a few.
There's always something awesome coming from pcs, I really don't see recycled in what they do for their pieces, or fans for that matter.

Edit: I do agree the sagat is amazing, one of the nicest pieces I own.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #116
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klear Knives View Post
I have to respectfully disagree. The street fighter releases keep getting better and better. I love the ultra line, love the 1:3 line and the mixed media are amazing. The poses are taken right from the game so idk how they are recycled.

Okay. You're entitled to your opinion. As for the recycling if you can't see the similarities between for example Ryu/Akuma 1/3 pieces then I don't know what to tell you. If you don't see them then I'm not going to bother explaining because you wouldn't understand. No offense.

What reason? Beside them being AMAZING! Spectacular! Sensational!
Again you are entitled to your opinion. But the sellouts speak for themselves.
I'm sure you know what the reason is. You've been on this forum long enough to know what it is. If you are still scratching your head then check out the number of pieces available for sale on eBay. That should ring your bells. Yes, sadly sellouts speak for themselves and it's good for PCS obviously. It's just sad that the majority of their pieces will never find a home or settled into one. They will remain in the box unopened and ship from houses to houses over and over again. The way I see it the last legitimate sell out PCS had was probably the 1/3 MK9 Scorpion piece. That one was a real sellout.

Anyways back to the Chun Li subject I do hope this piece come out beautiful. I really do because I am in need of a new street fighter piece from PCS.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #117
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I hope for this, you try a new pre-order method... open pre-orders for the first 30 min then close the ES. It'll be that popular!
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #118
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
I'm sure you know what the reason is. You've been on this forum long enough to know what it is. If you are still scratching your head then check out the number of pieces available for sale on eBay. That should ring your bells. Yes, sadly sellouts speak for themselves and it's good for PCS obviously. It's just sad that the majority of their pieces will never find a home or settled into one. They will remain in the box unopened and ship from houses to houses over and over again. The way I see it the last legitimate sell out PCS had was probably the 1/3 MK9 Scorpion piece. That one was a real sellout.

Anyways back to the Chun Li subject I do hope this piece come out beautiful. I really do because I am in need of a new street fighter piece from PCS.
With everything that has been released by pcs, there is currently 425 pcs pieces for sale on eBay worldwide. Really not bad imo, people moving old pieces to make room for new, and yes some pieces being flipped for money. I really don't think most of pcs products stay in boxes and move from home to home. They find homes with collectors who will enjoy them. People want these pieces, that's what brings the flippers out. There were many people that missed on the ryu 1:3, that would be a sell out regardless of whether or not flippers were involved, same with akuma.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #119
BurningRage
Inhumans

Anybody knows who's the character in the sketch on the right of the instagram pic?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #120
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Anybody knows who's the character in the sketch on the right of the instagram pic?
My guess was that it was an original creation. A primitive man I suppose.

Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote