Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Why the deck is stacked against the NY Jets

I'm not calling anything ahead of time like a moron and jinx a team, but I do wanna start a thread about why the Jets are really up against it this Sunday.

And hopefully, all my facts are accurate.

Fact 1: The Jets needed more than one team to lose, just to make it into the playoffs as a wildcard @ 9-7

Fact 2: The last time these teams played, they were behind IND by 5 points in the second quarter before Indy pulled their starters.

Fact 3: If SD doesn't blow three field goals, the Chargers go to the title game. Even if they make two of three FG, the NYJ are forced out of their run-first offense with more pressure on Sanchez to win. not a good formula.

Fact 4: Playing Peyton Manning, who is perhaps the most well-prepared QB in the history of the game, both in practice and changing plays at the line. 4 quarters of Peyton with the Super Bowl on the line is not a good look. Further, this is not an arrogant buncha pr1cks like the SD Chargers who think they belong. They work hard and they deliver, and they're winners who've been there before.

Now...are there reasons the Jets could surprise...?
Fact 1: D. Revis is a beast, and a true shut down corner. He could make Peyton's life hell on Sunday. Unfortunately, Peyton spreads the ball very well...

Fact 2: #1 ranked defense in the league. Defense wins championships. Ask Baltimore who won a title with Trent Dilfer @ QB

Fact 3: The team is HUNGRY.

Fact 4: if the Jets can run the ball well, they can keep Sanchez from throwing pics. Jets record when Sanchez throws 0 interceptions? 8-0.

So what's my pick?
IND 23 NYJ 14
Too much Peyton Manning, 4-time MVP.

Thoughts?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Fact #2 I believe it was 5 points not 10.
Fact #3 can be argued, you don't know how the Jets would have played after any of the field goals.
Missing field goals are a part of the game, I have seen the Jets miss some crushing ones to help us lose games !
Giants got a superbowl handed to them coz of Mr. Norwood one year. *thank you Mr. Norwood ! verjoyed:

I think anything can happen, but the Colts are a tough team to beat for sure.
The Jets will have to have some turnovers happen in thier favor, and the running game to keep Mr Manning off the field to have any chance.

all I know is it's nice to have my team in this position for a change, I think every 9 - 10 years we get this far ! lol
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Fixed! Thanks Lou.

Not gonna argue with Jet diehard about stats.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Fixed! Thanks Lou.

Not gonna argue with Jet diehard about stats.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
VinReaper

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
NO BAD JUJU!!!!

I can't even talk about it till after game time!

GO JETS!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Frankierock
Omega Red

I think the one thing that might kick the Colts in the A$$ is Karma....
By pulling your team against the Jets you Screwed NFL fans because you thought Having A Perfect record was not a big deal...When it Fact it is a Huge Deal!!!...Can you tell me off the top of your Head how many Superbowls each NFL team has won??? (probably not) Now can you tell me Who has a Perfect NFL Record??? (YES!!) And each year that passes that fact will remain the same..

Also the same team you Folded against is now playing you in the AFC Championship...If you went for the Perfect record and Won, well guess what, the Jets would not even make the Playoffs..

Also biggest real fact...Jets have nothing to lose...Colts have everything to lose...All the Pressure is on Indy..

Colts lose their fans call it another wasted season...
Jets win ..Amazing Season
Jets Lose ..Great Season anyway..
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Good point...
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I think the one thing that might kick the Colts in the A$$ is Karma....
By pulling your team against the Jets you Screwed NFL fans because you thought Having A Perfect record was not a big deal...When it Fact it is a Huge Deal!!!...Can you tell me off the top of your Head how many Superbowls each NFL team has won??? (probably not) Now can you tell me Who has a Perfect NFL Record??? (YES!!) And each year that passes that fact will remain the same..

Also the same team you Folded against is now playing you in the AFC Championship...If you went for the Perfect record and Won, well guess what, the Jets would not even make the Playoffs..

Also biggest real fact...Jets have nothing to lose...Colts have everything to lose...All the Pressure is on Indy..

Colts lose their fans call it another wasted season...
Jets win ..Amazing Season
Jets Lose ..Great Season anyway..
Excellent points and with everything that has happened to get the Jets to this point is almost like a Movie Script ! lol
Old 01-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
chrisg
U talkin' to me?

Perfect formula for an upset fo sho.

But, had the Colts beat the jets in the regular season, they probably would have ended up facing SD, who always gives Manning hell. So by getting beat by the Jets and helping them get into the playoffs you could say they knew what they were doing.... that is as long as they beat them this time.....
chrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
Perfect formula for an upset fo sho.

But, had the Colts beat the jets in the regular season, they probably would have ended up facing SD, who always gives Manning hell. So by getting beat by the Jets and helping them get into the playoffs you could say they knew what they were doing.... that is as long as they beat them this time.....
people think the colts laid down for the jets. we'll see how much they can elevate their game on sunday.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote