Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #41
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I sure hope so because it's the.......
LOL!!!! It's so true.
I just hope they can capitalize on a gift. What sucks is knowing they will probably take a dump vs Cinncy.

fingers crossed
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #42
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
LOL!!!! It's so true.
I just hope they can capitalize on a gift. What sucks is knowing they will probably take a dump vs Cinncy.

fingers crossed
I got mine crossed too !!

After being a Jet fan and used to the way they roll I am as fearfull as you sadly.

But I am a fan and I will be rooting for them

Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #43
Indy_Yoda
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
how many defensive players were pulled? enough to allow 17 points after manning left? doubtful. does anyone happen to realize the jets have allowed the least amount of points in the nfl this year? like if manning was in, he was guaranteed to lite it up? jeez!!! this is a TEAM sport.

did the colts prove that if you can knock manning out of the game, the rest of the team SUCKS? that seems to be what all their fans and the media are saying.
I love comments like this. People seem to overlook that Manning wasnt the only one on the sidelines. Wayne, Clark, Addai, and Garcon were also on the sidelines. The only starting receiver they had in was Austin Collie who inherited Waynes double coverage once he was out there alone.
Indy_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #44
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Yoda View Post
I love comments like this. People seem to overlook that Manning wasnt the only one on the sidelines. Wayne, Clark, Addai, and Garcon were also on the sidelines. The only starting receiver they had in was Austin Collie who inherited Waynes double coverage once he was out there alone.
Agreed. Between the offense and defense, there were six pro bowlers pulled from the game.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #45
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
and the jets made them pay dearly for the stupid moves that were made. why is it you overlooked the fact that the jets have allowed the least amount of points in the entire NFL? how do you know that they would have allowed another point with or without the starters? you don't. how about the other FACT that the jets are the number one rushing offense in the league? anyone remotely a football fan knows that the way to beat a commanding qb like manning is to rush the football and eat up the clock. ball control keeps manning off the field. another reason the jets had a legitimate shot at beating indy with the starters in.

lets face it, the indy media and fans have got a lot of nerve to complain about the stupid undefeated season ATTEMPT. meanwhile fans of teams like tampa and detroit endure losing season after losing season. isn't ONE indy fan thankful for the other 14 wins? i hope indy loses in the playoffs because of their fans.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #46
Indy_Yoda

Quote:
and the jets made them pay dearly for the stupid moves that were made. why is it you overlooked the fact that the jets have allowed the least amount of points in the entire NFL? how do you know that they would have allowed another point with or without the starters? you don't. how about the other FACT that the jets are the number one rushing offense in the league? anyone remotely a football fan knows that the way to beat a commanding qb like manning is to rush the football and eat up the clock. ball control keeps manning off the field. another reason the jets had a legitimate shot at beating indy with the starters in.

lets face it, the indy media and fans have got a lot of nerve to complain about the stupid undefeated season ATTEMPT. meanwhile fans of teams like tampa and detroit endure losing season after losing season. isn't ONE indy fan thankful for the other 14 wins? i hope indy loses in the playoffs because of their fans.
Because these types of facts are meaningless. The only thing that stat tells me is that they cant score. Because the team that gave up the fewest points in the NFL could still end up 8 - 8. If you give up the fewest points you would hope you would win more than half of your games.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #47
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Because these types of facts are meaningless. The only thing that stat tells me is that they cant score. Because the team that gave up the fewest points in the NFL could still end up 8 - 8. If you give up the fewest points you would hope you would win more than half of your games.
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....2&postcount=15

follow the link from my post on december 15. my prediction was based on those two meaningless facts. and to serve as a reminder, the colts have escaped a couple of games this season that they should have lost. it was their time to lose so get over it. if i were you i'd be worried how the team is going to react to the big hissy fit thrown by the entire state of indiana. way to get your team's head out of the game indy fans.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #48
Indy_Yoda

Your prediction should have been based on the fact that when the Colts played the Jets they had already won their division and secured home field advantage throughout the play-offs. A team that is fighting to stay alive should usually be able to beat a team that has nothing else to play for.

Those games they "escaped" are the signs of a good team. As opposed to giving up the fewest points and losing anyway.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #49
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Your prediction should have been based on the fact that when the Colts played the Jets they had already won their division and secured home field advantage throughout the play-offs. A team that is fighting to stay alive should usually be able to beat a team that has nothing else to play for.

Those games they "escaped" are the signs of a good team. As opposed to giving up the fewest points and losing anyway.
what ticks me off is indy fans like yourself that never gave the jets a chance to win, so when they did, you had to make lame excuses. my team is the jets and they suck...but they beat your team. any given sunday any team can beat any team. ask the saints and packers against the bucs. both playoff bound, both lost to tampa.

i'm interested to see if indy is a contender or pretender. i'll bet that they don't even win the afc, especially when they play san diego.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:16 PM   #50
Indy_Yoda

Quote:
what ticks me off is indy fans like yourself that never gave the jets a chance to win, so when they did, you had to make lame excuses. my team is the jets and they suck...but they beat your team. any given sunday any team can beat any team. ask the saints and packers against the bucs. both playoff bound, both lost to tampa.

i'm interested to see if indy is a contender or pretender. i'll bet that they don't even win the afc, especially when they play san diego.
Now you just sound foolish. I'm not sure why you are trying to turn this into an attack on me. Nowhere in this thread did I ever claim to be a Colts fan. You probably assumed that based on my location. Once again you would be wrong. I have always been a Dolphins fan so I know what its like to have horrible seasons.

The bottom line is that the Colts did lose and I was happy to see it. But you cant possibly think that it was all because of the Jets playing ability and had nothing to do with the Colts decision making. If you do then you can stick your head back in the sand and keep pretending that the Jets are a better caliber team then they truly are.