Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-26-2023, 09:47 AM   #101
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post

These are two flattering pics of the P1 and two lousy official EB pics.

The EB has a better likeness. Ill try to attach some flattering EB pics. Flattering pics of the EB in good lighting the piece looks unreal for a 10 year old figure m, even by todays standards. I think it may be one of the greatest figures of all time. And for it to stand up to this 2023 P1 KA Kim sculpt speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Blitzway for the win.
In terms of likeness I think the EB edges this one out.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:59 AM   #102
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Who's getting this?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:00 AM   #103
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
This one seems to be a miss for me with the likeness. I have high expectations when Kim is involved, but this looks on par with what Enterbay did, what 10 years ago? I like everything else about the figure and don't mind the stage they went with, but if the likeness isn't improved, it's going to be a no go for me. It just seems a little too animated for some reason.
I agree. The biggest thing this has going for it is the scale and size. It will be in scale with the Predator which is really cool.

But Im not crazy about the expression. I think the likeness is very good but Im not completely floored by it like I was with the Predator. Its damn good tho. I think the EB has a stronger likeness and surprisingly better realism. Pics of the EB in natural lighting look just freaky good.

I like the stage 4 head but I dont think I would ever display this with the exposed endo arm. I think it looks a little goofy. I probably wouldnt ever display the Stage 4 head with the missing left arm. I know that was a look on screen for a brief time period but I think the stage 4 look from the Hasta La Vista scene is info of the best looks in the film that unfortunately cant be accomplished with this piece.

I have the EB and aside from scale I dont think this is a major step up from that piece. The EB Is a really special work of art. The only way I would consider this is if it has a price point that is too good to pass up. But this piece is really cool. If I didnt have the EB this would be a day 1 PO. I may still get it tho.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:20 AM   #104
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Who's getting this?
I will, but only if his outfit is real leather, I don't need another rotting T-800
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 12:11 PM   #105
myskye23
Hellboy

I'm getting the Endo for sure because I've been waiting for it since it was teased, and depending on the price for both, it's a definite 'Maybe' for the T-800. Prime 1 knocked it out of the park on their Showcase.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 12:25 PM   #106
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 12:30 PM   #107
qz33
Doctor Doom

^No no need to even look at those because NO one is getting anything close to that.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 12:34 PM   #108
Dundee
Hydra

Highly likely the price point on this won't be cheap and the most expensive of the three. Along with questionable body and chest proportions, pleather material, it's an instant pass for me.

If the deluxe is priced no more than $1500 I may consider. A single dollar more I won't bite. As far as I'm concerned they'll need to fix all my concerns before I'm willing to depart big $.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 12:38 PM   #109
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^No no need to even look at those because NO one is getting anything close to that.
They'll need to nail this otherwise a lot will cancel. If it comes out like the 1/3 dark knight joker, heads will roll lol.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 01:38 PM   #110
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

The stage 4 head is sensational.

What are the chances we can convince Prime 1 to throw in an additional left arm-forearm with black glove hand holding a 9MM?

We don’t need another jacket. Just a black material that will blend together and seam together with the torn up stage 5 jacket. That way we can passably pull off a true Stage 4 look.