Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #5851
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Although having said that, I just realised that I now have Gentleman Ghost as well, which may be an even better starting point.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #5852
Maverick90
Frackin!

I've only just started getting into comics in the past year starting with the walking dead, batman, garth ennnis punisher & preacher and now am reading 100 bullets.

I collect video game statues, merchandise and collectibles. I collect them exclusively because i think i dont have the budget/space to collect everything that i enjoy. Although i did order a QMX Viper mark II adama edition

About me, am a Journalism graduate that went to the dark side of PR :P

-Maverick
Maverick90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #5853
Maverick90
Frackin!

Are you guys going to the nexus toy fair in a couple of weeks?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #5854
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick90 View Post
In Perth I'm assuming mate? Not me, but if it was here in Melbourne I'd be there, I attend most Toy Fairs held here, especially the ones that stock 80s toys like Transformers, GI Joe, etc
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #5855
Royd
Producer
Producer

Yeah, I'll probably check out the Nexus show. I picked up a Nexus flyer at Comic Zone and was thinking of going along as I haven't been for awhile.

I sometimes get a table at Nexus to sell comics and original comic art and other times to promote the Supanova Expo (I invite and look after the comics creator guests at the shows and handing out Supanova flyers at Nexus helps build awareness).

We should catch up at Nexus and say "hi" Maybe Wrothy might drop in as well?

Last edited by Royd; 01-07-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #5856
Royd
Producer
Producer

You started out with some good quality books! Do you normally frequent Comic Zone or Quality or both?

Quote:
I've only just started getting into comics in the past year starting with the walking dead, batman, garth ennnis punisher & preacher and now am reading 100 bullets.

I collect video game statues, merchandise and collectibles. I collect them exclusively because i think i dont have the budget/space to collect everything that i enjoy. Although i did order a QMX Viper mark II adama edition

About me, am a Journalism graduate that went to the dark side of PR :P

-Maverick
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #5857
Maverick90
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
You started out with some good quality books! Do you normally frequent Comic Zone or Quality or both?
I do go to both, I really like the staff at comic zone, but I think the variety of stuff is better at quality comics, so I've been going there more often. Plus its right next to empire toys so, I can check out both stores easily and not expose myself to this heat for too long

Speaking of local secrets, where do you guys buy your statues from? who offers the best price?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #5858
Royd
Producer
Producer

Well, I'm no expert on statues and only have a couple (I'm more into original art) but Rod (aka Rocket) and/or Wrothy may have some good suggestions.

Empire seems to carry a good range of statues but the pricing may be prohibitive. I noticed that Empire actually had some figs made by my buddy's company (3A Toys).

I'll likely be at Nexus in a couple of weeks and will get in touch to say "hi"

Quote:
I do go to both, I really like the staff at comic zone, but I think the variety of stuff is better at quality comics, so I've been going there more often. Plus its right next to empire toys so, I can check out both stores easily and not expose myself to this heat for too long

Speaking of local secrets, where do you guys buy your statues from? who offers the best price?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #5859
Wrothy

Quote:
I haven't been to Nexus in years, so perhaps I should come along and we can all catch up.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #5860
Wrothy

Quote:

I frequent Comic Zone, mainly because the guys there are great, I've been going there since I took up collecting again, plus when I pop in after work I can normally get in and out without having to pay for parking.

I don't often buy statues, although I did order the Groot mini-bust (if you can call it that!) from Comic Zone last month.