Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #1521
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I think there is a good chance it is $1500+

Highly detailed, said by Igo to be as if the Thanos Maquette were standing but inflated and more muscular, hands are bigger than the staff at Sideshow, brace yourself's lads.

I mean they charged $2000 for this !

I hope your wrong. If I'm going to be spending $1500+ for that I would have gotten the 1/3 Prime 1 doomsday.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #1522
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I’m definitely out at the price ranges you speculators are floating. Even as a first licensed iteration, I don’t think juggernaut commands that kind of demand or price tag. Especially with the sneak peek so far. It would have to be an absolute revelation.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #1523
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Be prepared!

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #1524
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Highly detailed, said by Igo to be as if the Thanos Maquette were standing but inflated and more muscular, hands are bigger than the staff at Sideshow, brace yourself's lads.

From my recollection, this didn't sell well. Yea they can price a statue at $2000, but the question is will it sell.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #1525
AC_808
Hercules

The Magneto Maquette is not sold out yet. The Doomsday Maquette is not sold out yet.

Two good examples where SSC thought two statues of two popular characters would sell even if they slapped the Maquette label and a huge price on them. They need to open their eyes before pricing Juggernaut.

I truly believe the Thanos on Throne Maquette was an outlier. I can't really explain it, but perhaps the exceptional sculpt and the huge price were just perfect for each other.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #1526
SONICobra
Batman

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #1527
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The Magneto Maquette is not sold out yet. The Doomsday Maquette is not sold out yet.

Two good examples where SSC thought two statues of two popular characters would sell even if they slapped the Maquette label and a huge price on them. They need to open their eyes before pricing Juggernaut.

I truly believe the Thanos on Throne Maquette was an outlier. I can't really explain it, but perhaps the exceptional sculpt and the huge price were just perfect for each other.
That and all the hype around the movies as well. No movies and that Thanos doesn't sell nearly as well in my opinion.

Juggy will be around the pricing of Doomsday or lower. Like you said he is not that popular of a character and there are no movies centered around him to help hype up this reveal (magneto doomsday and Thanos were all in recent movies). Unless SS has some inside scoop on this Disney X-men deal and any upcoming movie.... I dont see how they can push this price higher that doomsday.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #1528
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

Price on Thanos was high yes, but the sculpt/design/color were excellent and the character was someone a lot of people wanted. I feel like the MCU/Avengers made this guy really wanted by not only collectors but people out there who only know him through the movies as one of the biggest and baddest guys around.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #1529
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:

That's a LSF, half scale, and are crazily priced. No 1/4 is worth $1500, much less $2000 (talking new ones).
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #1530
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

But due to the good ES that Spidey is waitlisted. For 1500 USD I would have bought him.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-400149

The EX of ToT sold that good because of the preset ES + movie hype. Juggernaut is missing both. Lobo is 750 USD, maybe SSC surprises us with a price of 800 USD for Jugs.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote