Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 12-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #171
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Hope you’re doing good Manu. Can’t blame you, CP have proven they don’t deliver to their Proto’s.

It’s puzzling how they delivered a really good difficult predator bust(for the most part well done imo) but fail with some stupid sloppy paint on the Alien heads. Even with the sample Giger bust, overkill of black on the top ridges running back and very black on the side part of its face imo. And then the reverse it seems like the nose indent needs more black imo lol. Mind you, it’s harsh lighting so hopefully it isnt actually like that.

I wish they would make that skull accessible so if it needs tinkering then we can do it ourselves. Still have this on PO though and going to roll the dice on the Maquette. If it’s not displayable then back to Sideshow it goes lol.
I’m fine, thanks Masa! Hope you are doing well aswell. I really think about giger’s bust, it’s because of the lighting conditions when they took the photo. I have senn some pictures from this event and it is really awesome. What worries me is the QC...I have seen a video in youtube about the alien warrior’s bust that frightened me a lot.

I am crossing my fingers for this piece. It will be my top alien’s prop

Depending on what I will receive on february, I will take a decision on the maquette.

We have to see prime’s 1 work too

Good time to be an alien collector but bad times for the companies delivering broken figures or undergrated figures too...

Glad to speak with you again
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #172
thx217
Ultimates

And it's up for PO.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...lprops-903213/
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #173
BurningRage
Inhumans

$1500
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #174
FROBAY
Phoenix

Comes with acrylic case. Classy!!

Dang, their not doing us any favors with a 5 month payment plan. You know we won't see these for a year. It would be easier to order with 8-10 payment plan.

Last edited by FROBAY; 12-05-2017 at 05:44 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #175
BurningRage
Inhumans

Wonder if it’ll have an es like the bust.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #176
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Still on the fence with this one.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #177
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Such an easy preorder, ordered 1.5 seconds after getting the email from Sideshow. This ones' too good to pass up, even though I'm a little Aliened out.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #178
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
After the Predator and Alien busts I am too. Still tempted, but gonna wait for more details on the production pieces.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #179
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
After the Predator and Alien busts I am too. Still tempted, but gonna wait for more details on the production pieces.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:39 AM   #180
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Ordered. Used my rewards points and got this down to 1G. Definitely lost the paint from what was shown at SDCC, but I quite like this paint job. I think this was a factory sample? If it came out like this, for me, I would be happy. What I personally don’t like is the waaaaay too heavy black on the piping from the side of the skull going towards the back of the skull. It’s quite overkill. To me, the outline of the skull indents may be too neat. And as Python has pointed out in his other posts, the feet pointed to the left is quite an eye sore. I’m definitely going to message CP and suggest they fix that. For me, the sculpt with these aliens are most important. Hell, a 32 inch GigerChap is impressive alone. If they did this with no paint I would buy it and display it. But that’s just me. And mind you, I would buy anything Giger though. Anyways, hoping this turns out great and no kids get to paint and ruin our Aliens lol. Or back it goes to Sideshow.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote