Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #61
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
So, you already have CC's latest full size endoskeleton?
No, I tried to get the previous version and it sold out. This new version I can see from the pics how much more detailed it is vs the SS one I have (provided of course the factory can reproduce). The more refined Endo design accounts for part of that.

I initially didn't love the pose, but the more I look at it the more alive it looks. Compared to the previous static one they did and the SS offerings I think it works well. I hope the factory can nail this.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #62
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

They took the classic sideshow one leg up pose and blew it up to 1:1 scale. Lol not menacing at all. Endo looks like he's trying to model.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:50 AM   #63
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Move on!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:08 AM   #64
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

A sad day for international customers. Chronicle just confirmed on their Facebook that they will not deliver to international customers. It is their decision and I have to accept it. I'm not here to tell them, how to do business. I have no clue how high their share of foreign customers is compared to their whole customer base. Our number is probably not crucial enough.
Well I can only speak for my self. I paied about US$ 2'000.- for shipping and import taxes last time, when Chronicle shipped their endo directly to my address in Europe. That was 2 years ago. Today these costs would probably be around 2.5k or 3k at the most. Still a lot of money sure, but if I choose to order it through Cinemaquette's distribution channesl I would have to pay additionally 5 to 6k. I'm out !
I envy all American citicens who will order it. Enjoy your privilege.
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:59 AM   #65
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
A sad day for international customers. Chronicle just confirmed on their Facebook that they will not deliver to international customers. It is their decision and I have to accept it. I'm not here to tell them, how to do business. I have no clue how high their share of foreign customers is compared to their whole customer base. Our number is probably not crucial enough.
Well I can only speak for my self. I paied about US$ 2'000.- for shipping and import taxes last time, when Chronicle shipped their endo directly to my address in Europe. That was 2 years ago. Today these costs would probably be around 2.5k or 3k at the most. Still a lot of money sure, but if I choose to order it through Cinemaquette's distribution channesl I would have to pay additionally 5 to 6k. I'm out !
I envy all American citicens who will order it. Enjoy your privilege.
Can you get a freight forwarder to help?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #66
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Anyone who expected the price to stay the same as the first Chronicle 1:1 Endoskeleton isn't being realistic. You're being even more ridiculous thinking this would be at the same price point as something made by a different company a decade ago. Prices for everything have gone up considerably just over the last few years. Plus, the expensive chrome process sure as hell wasn't going to make the price go down.

I have the first version of Chronicle's endoskeleton and love it. I'm considering getting this one as well because I know it's going to be amazing.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #67
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Can you get a freight forwarder to help?
Chronicle doesn‘t accept international orders at all. My only option is to wait until it might appear on eBay. But the risk there is too high
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #68
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
Chronicle doesn‘t accept international orders at all. My only option is to wait until it might appear on eBay. But the risk there is too high
I spoke to them about the 1/5 Full Rex as it was only shipment to the U.S they said they're happy for me to arrange my own courier so I ordered it are you sure its not the same in this case?
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:12 PM   #69
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Majorly overpriced item IMO from a majorly poor film. And yes prices do go up, but not $3500usd in 3 years. $11 000usd plus shipping for THIS is easily $3000usd too much, maybe more considering its not even the classic T800. My god, the new terminator film is even trying to pretend that this movie and design was never made. And for that price, it doesnt even come with any guns. Brutal.

EVERY terminator chrome product has had problems. But I can honestly say I have NO PROBLEMS with my T800, which I DID buy for $4999 plus a discounted international shipping for only $250usd. No leaning problems or anything like that and it came with two guns and lights AND it was the CLASSIC design. And no this price is not from 10 or 15 years ago, its from barely 2 years ago I bought it from a shop that carried sideshow products. It was not a product either that was sitting around as it was made to order and I had to wait for sideshow to send them one do to back order. THAT was a deal for a model that people want.

I will say that the MORE ADVANCED look with all the new hoses and pieces looks more complex, and new chest piece and all to make it look completely like a different model but that does not make it better or more sought after. I GUARANTEE if you took a POLL what people want more, the classic PLAIN T-800 or the more advanced 300 extra piece T-800 from Genysis, It would be a landslide. This is the licence Chronicle has, so this is why they are building it. Its a good job, not saying its not, but its not ICONIC enough or from a blockbuster movie that broke records for them to expect people to shell out $11 000usd plus shipping and tax. I dont care if you say early bird price, they had the same on the one from 3 years ago from Blue Realm as well and believe that it was under $7000. I put a down payment on one cause I got caught up in the hype, but the more problems that kept coming up with the PAINT, not chrome and switching companies and new longer wait times, it gave me time to think I really didnt want it. The classic is what people will ALWAYS remeber and I could spend my money on something better.

NOW there offering it again, probably made in CHINA now and not usa, but I COULD be wrong, but no matter what process is done, there is and will always be problems with Triple plated chrome. Its a hard process and alot of problems arise and alot of waste as well. SO now the same machine is $3500 more, with a wierd pose that I agree, looks like a model and not agressive. The best pose to this day is the one Cinemaquette did when steve wang sculpted the pose. That was awesome.

Bottom line, prices go up, thats a given, but this much and for THIS model is way too much. And now that Chronicle has cut out international fans which would take alot of orders out of there pockets, there is NO WAY this USA only product will ever sell 100 units. I could be wrong, but I would put money on it.

This unit should be NO MORE than $8500usd TOPS with raised prices and no extras like guns. And before Stingray says Im just jealous and upset I cant afford this and thats why Im saying my point of view, let me assure you money has nothing to do with it.

Actually it DOES, but not that I cant afford it. I could no problem, as I think Chris as well could too, its just TOO MUCH for this product and model. Its that simple. I know prices have gone up, on everything, even Sideshows classic T800 is up another $1000 I think putting it at $7000. And it comes with two guns. Thats why I think with all these extra hoses and pistons and whatever else might be worth an extra $1500 to $2000 MAX and Im being very generous with that.

Cutting out the international fan, BAD MOVE, BAD BAD MOVE for Chronicle. I personally could order to my sisters in usa and pick up like I do alot of product, but they are cutting there wrists keeping it in USA only.

I have a huge collection, one that Ive never shared, but I can assure you, that $5000 to $6000usd would be one of my cheapest pieces as im a lifesize collector and only commission lifesize silicone statues, usually one offs. Hell I even comissioned a lifesize queen alien designed and sculpted from scratch by the great bruce hansing to my liking as a one off. So before anyone says that guys like me and chris are just jealous, I cant speak for chris, but my collection alone is worth around half a million dollars, give or take, so to buy this would be a drop in the hat for me. So there is no jealousy, no hatred, no envy, in my opinion. Im not bragging, people can afford lots of things from cars to electronics, I just always invested into my collection. I dont even spend money on smokes or coffee.

I WILL say I think they did a nice job, and I probably would buy it, if I thought it was worth the money, and YES Stingray, us canadians pay twice as much as you at the end of the day because of taxes and dollar exchange, that is no reason for you to attack us and tell us to stop complaining, your dam right were going to complain, because its a fact of life. So when we buy something, we really have to be really invested in it to drop that kind of coin. Bottom line, ITS NOT WORTH it!!!

You bought one, GOOD FOR YOU, be happy you bought it and be happy that you think it will be flawless,even tho there is not one out yet for people to review yet. There are ALWAYS problems that arise, nothing is perfect. But keep that to yourself, be happy you spent all that money and got what you want. But stop, STOP ranting that its worth every penny and anyone who says its not is pretty much an idiot. Thats why people have OPINIONS.

IF I hate it, why should that matter to you. If you like it, great, be happy and leave it at that. But dont rag on people that dont agree with you and think its a waste of money or priced way too high or that the design is simply not cannon. Just be happy and stop trying to defend it like if you dont, you wont feel good about your purchase.

Im glad you like it, its a nice piece, but you paid too much for it. Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Does our opinions really hurt you that much, that you have to call names and attack guys like chris? Its not mature, so get over it and movie on.

If one day this thing is for sale somewhere at a more reasonable price and someone is just trying to move it, maybe I would consider, but for now, I have way better things to spend my money on. Ill love my $5000 T800 lifesize from sideshow much more than I would on something more than twice the price from a movie I watched once! To each their own. Thats all that matters. Dont take things so freakin personal like someone called your mamma a bad name.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #70
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
They took the classic sideshow one leg up pose and blew it up to 1:1 scale. Lol not menacing at all. Endo looks like he's trying to model.

Can you hear it? Yes, that's the sound of me rolling my eyes.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote