Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-01-2022, 05:59 AM   #281
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Actually, with regards to JND, I don't see any point being made. I just see confusion with regards to "sold out" and "availability". People seem to be offended when JND factually state that the statue sold out in 1 hr 15mins - as if they're lying, or trying to create some kind of hype around the product.....in reality, why would they lie? And what use is hype to them, when the the statue is fully sold?

That definitely seems like a clumsy attempt at manipulation - but so far, I haven't seen JND do this.
As you said it's semantics. It might be sold out on JND's balance sheets, but it's not sold out to the end customers. The collectors.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:04 AM   #282
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

That definitely seems like a clumsy attempt at manipulation - but so far, I haven't seen JND do this.[/QUOTE]

I was replying in regards to your point that Sold Out means sold out to every original product manufacturer which is not the case and has led to some customers losing trust in manufacturers. A similar situation arose with P1 Alien being reproduced
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:59 AM   #283
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As you said it's semantics. It might be sold out on JND's balance sheets, but it's not sold out to the end customers. The collectors.
Here's the thing - (and this is why it's more than just semantics) - the thing that everyone is excited about, is the availability or rareness (to some degree) of the product.

The truth is, once a statue is out in the wild (so to speak) it will always be available to some degree. The difficulty in acquisition aside, it will be available.

Name any Grail piece - someone, somewhere, at some point, will sell it. If you're a collector, and you're patient, and you're willing to pay whatever price - any piece can be yours.

With that in mind, how the hell should JND build that into their website status?

"We are sold out, but, if you speak to Jim in Timbuktu, he's just put his on eBay, so to be clear - it's available - just not from us"

Should JND track all the retailer and online vendor sales, as well as keep track of the secondary market sales, just to ensure when they say it's "sold out" - it also means unavailable?

Honestly, this whole thing just sounds like another excuse, by collectors, to find issues where there are none.

At the end of the day - if people think JND are liars and untrustworthy - don't buy from them. And if people are confused by certain statements they see on these websites, they just need to educate themselves......it's less stressful for everyone.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:06 AM   #284
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
I was replying in regards to your point that Sold Out means sold out to every original product manufacturer which is not the case and has led to some customers losing trust in manufacturers. A similar situation arose with P1 Alien being reproduced
I agree - and in those cases, the offending companies are liars - but - it doesn't change what "sold out" means.

Even the case of P1 doing a re-issue, doesn't change the "sold out" status of the original.

At the end of the day - sold out - is just a warehouse inventory status - nothing more. It doesn't reflect general availability (outside the original manufacturer's inventory) - and it doesn't promise that another version won't be made in the future.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #285
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

My thoughts on this piece is that it?s a very beautiful statue. In regards to likeness someone mentioned it has a look of Natalie Portman which I can see now that it has been mentioned.

I was never going to purchase this due to the price as in the UK this would be around 4000 pound Sterling.

However, regardless of issues of price and perception of likeness my major concern is the amount of silicone on view. My WW84 came with paint rub on the hand and it is impossible for someone with my ability to touch up. With the shoulder strap I?m not sure if this will cause paint rub.

The biggest compliment I can give JND In hand the JND statues do have a presence and capture the character in ways no other statue manufacturer can in my opinion based on other companies work I own (QS, Infinity and P1). Although to date JND have not yet captured a likeness 100%. The small 2% discrepancy in likeness always gets magnified when a statue is so close
Old 10-01-2022, 08:05 AM   #286
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Here's the thing - (and this is why it's more than just semantics) - the thing that everyone is excited about, is the availability or rareness (to some degree) of the product.

The truth is, once a statue is out in the wild (so to speak) it will always be available to some degree. The difficulty in acquisition aside, it will be available.

Name any Grail piece - someone, somewhere, at some point, will sell it. If you're a collector, and you're patient, and you're willing to pay whatever price - any piece can be yours.

With that in mind, how the hell should JND build that into their website status?

"We are sold out, but, if you speak to Jim in Timbuktu, he's just put his on eBay, so to be clear - it's available - just not from us"

Should JND track all the retailer and online vendor sales, as well as keep track of the secondary market sales, just to ensure when they say it's "sold out" - it also means unavailable?

Honestly, this whole thing just sounds like another excuse, by collectors, to find issues where there are none.

At the end of the day - if people think JND are liars and untrustworthy - don't buy from them. And if people are confused by certain statements they see on these websites, they just need to educate themselves......it's less stressful for everyone.
I'm an accountant by trade, so the quirks of the terminologies aren't very confusing to me. Most collectors are simple beings. So to them, as long as you can purchase an item from a retail outlet at more or less the equivalent stated retail price, new in box, it's not sold out from their point of view.

And most do not deal with the secondary marketplace, until the piece has 'sold out' from the usual standard means of purchase.

And the sale numbers released by businesses to the press have always been confusing to everyday people. In the games sphere for example, before online sales, it always confused readers how sales records were broken, before the item had even hit the retail shelves.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:49 AM   #287
ukshaun
Hercules

Now this has sold out (apparently) i bet all those that complained about the high price are probably
thinking 'maybe the price was not so high..' If i had more money than i knew what to do with,
i would probably have picked this up.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #288
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Now this has sold out (apparently) i bet all those that complained about the high price and probably
thinking 'maybe the price was not so high..' If i had more money than i knew what to do with,
i would probably have picked this up.
Personally, based on current pound Sterling to US Dollar exchange rates this will cost around ?4,000 once you factor in shipping, VAT and Duty.

I paid ?2000 for JND WW84. Is this twice the statue. IMHO it?s not.

Thankfully I can comfortably afford the piece but whether or not it?s sold out it still does not give me any regret for not purchasing it.

To be honest I don?t think the Joker, Catwoman and WE84 were worth the price I paid
Old 10-01-2022, 09:15 AM   #289
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Personally, based on current pound Sterling to US Dollar exchange rates this will cost around ?4,000 once you factor in shipping, VAT and Duty.

I paid ?2000 for JND WW84. Is this twice the statue. IMHO it?s not.

Thankfully I can comfortably afford the piece but whether or not it?s sold out it still does not give me any regret for not purchasing it.

To be honest I don?t think the Joker, Catwoman and WE84 were worth the price I paid
While we will never know, i wonder what the actual cost is to JND to have these made?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:33 AM   #290
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
While we will never know, i wonder what the actual cost is to JND to have these made?
It?s hard to hazard a guess. The head is the key element of the statue and where I perceive the cost arises. The packaging, body and accessories are not premium in my opinion and do not feel value for money although they look good when displayed