Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-19-2023, 01:37 PM   #41
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh definitely - Starfire is one of the best 1/6 statues out there.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:17 PM   #42
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
They still look absolutely classical to me, just in less hieratical poses than before, which is a big plus in my opinion.

I honestly don't understand the comments about something like this being anime-ish
The statue of Harley on its own looks fine to me. I like the portrait and the classic black and red costume. It would work far better if it were a standing statue with a simple base much like the one on roller skates from SSC. I would have gotten one myself.

The anime-ish look and feel come from the pose, the design and the colour scheme of the base. The same applies to the Joker piece with the over-sized throne.

Someone who are familiar with and have seen a great deal of Japanese toys such as myself would be able to make that connection immediately. It could have been an unintended coincidence on TH's part.

But then again, it is all highly subjective and personal. I am not encouraging nor discouraging anything. No one needs to agree with me. I am fine with it.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:52 PM   #43
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The same applies to the Joker piece with the over-sized throne.
It's not really that oversized, Hobbyist - if he were to sit straight on it instead of reclining mainly on the seat, you would see there's nothing disproportionate about it.

Would it still be a big chair? Yes. Out of proportion in a manga style? Nope. The Joker's just a lanky guy. : )
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:59 PM   #44
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The statue of Harley on its own looks fine to me. I like the portrait and the classic black and red costume. It would work far better if it were a standing statue with a simple base much like the one on roller skates from SSC. I would have gotten one myself.

The anime-ish look and feel come from the pose, the design and the colour scheme of the base. The same applies to the Joker piece with the over-sized throne.

Someone who are familiar with and have seen a great deal of Japanese toys such as myself would be able to make that connection immediately. It could have been an unintended coincidence on TH's part.

But then again, it is all highly subjective and personal. I am not encouraging nor discouraging anything. No one needs to agree with me. I am fine with it.
Hobbyist
That is the beauty of art-we all look at the same thing but all interpret something different and no one is wrong about what they see or how it makes them feel
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 11:24 AM   #45
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Hobbyist
That is the beauty of art-we all look at the same thing but all interpret something different and no one is wrong about what they see or how it makes them feel
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 01:43 PM   #46
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Craig, Im just glad you emphasized "MIGHT". Im proud of you...
Might is still better than nothing.

Also hoping they *might* come in 1/4 scale as well as 1/6 scale.

Do you know how many shooting stars I've wasted on this wish??? LOL
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:04 PM   #47
SONICobra
Bane

i already posted this in the SS section today and maybe like 20 times before as well, but maybe theres a better chance of it happening over here

two face wish list:
- 1/4 scale option
- realistic take on tim sales and bruce timms style of two face
-two tone suit
-holding or about to flip his coin
- gun in the other hand preferably a tommy gun (doesnt have to be pointed at anyone)
- two portraits (sale / timm)
- two sets of hands (gloved and non-gloved right / scarred left timm style hand)

please

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:31 PM   #48
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I mean, that statue sound perfect and hits all the points. I don't see how this would not sell like hot cakes in a 1:6 and 1:4.

This non-male statue collector has been pullin for you, Sonic. You've been dreaming of a Two Face for years!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:35 PM   #49
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The other comment I don't understand, especially as it relates to Harley, is "not wanting a cartoonish style". Harley was literally created in BTAS. Animated Series. A cartoon. Yet, nothing about this statue looks cartoonish. Nothing. There is a lot of realism in her design.

Harley is stunning and spot on. I'm happy I ordered and I will be over the moon when she arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
They still look absolutely classical to me, just in less hieratical poses than before, which is a big plus in my opinion.

I honestly don't understand the comments about something like this being anime-ish:

Old 01-24-2023, 05:42 PM   #50
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hobbyist, you keep using the word "anime." I'm not understanding how that term fits in with what you see. Can you help me out?

Are you using it as the shortform of "animated", like a cartoon/less realistic style? Or do you believe these statues have Japanese "anime" features/designs? Being American, my mind has a very defined look as to what is "anime". When I think "anime", I think different features on faces (elongated, thinner, bigger eyes on females), body poses, and such than what any TH piece has.

Would you like Joker if he was standing up and not on the giant chair? Would you like Harley if she wasn't on a stack of boxes? Do you like TH SuperPower Catwoman?