Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #211
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd747 View Post
Michael Alexander acts as his rep, from my understanding. His website is More Great Art and he has a gallery on CAF. It might be worth a try.
I would try Michael too. I've dealt with him in the past with my Clay Mann pieces and he put the pressure on Clay even though I wasn't really in a rush for the pieces. I'd bet he can help with the Garza situation....no rep wants to be known as the guy representing the guy who screws everyone over.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #212
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Awesome, thanks for the tip fellas =)

Should I call him, or should I use his website message form? He doesn't give out an email address to contact him with, so I'm worried my message will arrive to him in some generic folder amongst other people sending in questions.
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #213
Simon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ariel Olivetti +1

Such an easy transaction. Contacted him on facebook, used paypal, picked up the art at nycc. Top notch.

Frazer Irving +1

Again, top notch. Contacted through his tumblr blog, picked up and paid for the piece at the convention.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #214
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Any of you lose interest in an artist due to their Representative/Agent?

I'm close to pulling an Ottley with the OA I have of one of his clients... though I won't. I'd sell it first.

Regardless, I'm trying to resolve the issue(s) I have with the proper parties before I do any burning.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #215
comicarthouse
Comic Art Dealer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Awesome, thanks for the tip fellas =)

Should I call him, or should I use his website message form? He doesn't give out an email address to contact him with, so I'm worried my message will arrive to him in some generic folder amongst other people sending in questions.
mga1wars@aol.com Tell him I gave you his e-mail address. Mike is a good friend.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #216
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicarthouse View Post
mga1wars@aol.com Tell him I gave you his e-mail address. Mike is a good friend.
Thanks so much! I actually called Mike on the 15th and had an okay talk with him. I explained my situation, what Ale and I had discussed, and asked Mike if there was anything he could do about it. He gave me his email (the same one you just gave here) and told me to summarize out everything with some small details about the piece owed. It was pretty funny that I could hear his kids arguing in the background while at the same time he was telling me that he has to treat his artists like little children to get stuff done, lol.

It's been four days since I got a response from Mike saying that he reached out to Ale and is waiting for a response, so I might email him back in another week or so to see what's up. I'll definitely drop your name at that point just so I can say that this community has supported me so that I don't come off as a total nobody/stranger to Mike in telling him my problems with Ale.

Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #217
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

+ 1's to most all of my nycc artists:

+1: Erik Larsen. Pricey but quick and excellent.
+2: Yldiray Cinar. Dude is amazing. Highly recommend getting his precon pieces but his con pieces were excellent.
+1: Francesco Mattina. Absolutely superb.
+1: Tony Daniel. Super great guy. Awesome talent.
+1: Stephane Roux. Amazing talent and great guy.
+1: Phil Jimenez. The pieces that he was doing for free were better than many of the paid pieces out there. Totally worth hanging in his line for hours or for the day to both watch this guy at work and get some stellar art.
+1: Mark Bagley. You can't go wrong with a bagley spidey.
+1: Daniel HDR. Totally underrated and is bound to blow up soon.

And non-NYCC pieces.
+1: Brett Booth. One of the most talented artists out there and his sketches are all cover worthy.
+1: Rob Duenas. Incredibly talented. Rates are extremely reasonable. Will be getting more when his list opens.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #218
DiscoCougar

So, I just sent an email to Michael and he gave me an encouraging response saying that Ale was going to dedicate time to completing commissions this week and that "Your (my) commission was specifically talked about and I should keep in touch." I don't get what I should do, if I should email him again asking about my commission status or if I should wait another month before sending out another email.

Anyone got any opinions on how I should handle this? Also, does the OP ever update the list anymore, or has he/she kinda left the forum?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #219
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Steve SCott +1
Daniel Govar +1
DAniel HDR +1
Sara richard +1
Chrissie Zullo +1
Billy Fowler +1
Norman Lee +1
DAna Black +1
Elliot Fernandez +1
Sunny Lee +1
Jack Herbert +1

each and everyone of these folks is top notch all the way. cannot speak highly enough of them. Perfect transactions, above expectations
Old 11-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #220
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

+1 Val Semeiks

I can't speak more highly about my commission experience with Val. He did a fantastic job, and the turnaround from payment to completion was fantastic.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote