Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-21-2020, 12:14 AM   #331
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
We’re of one mind in this topic. I can’t even bring myself to pick up a Batman book and flip through it. And he used to be my favorite character.
He still is mine. I just imagine the older versions. Same with Cap and Punisher.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #332
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I still like Batman as well.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:19 AM   #333
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Still want the last Brave and the Bold Omnibus to get published
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #334
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I see DC has changed their Bronze Age Omnibus trade dress. I’ve got the House of Secrets and House of Mystery volume 1 books, which have the standard Bronze Age Omnibus trade dress, but volume 2 of House of Secrets arrived, and the trade dress is totally different! It just doesn’t display as well on the shelf and, with volume 2 of House of Mystery coming next month with its own new trade dress, all of these books together just won’t display as nicely as if the dress was uniform.

Just wish DC hadn’t made this change.

Last edited by wktf; 06-09-2020 at 05:17 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:15 PM   #335
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I see DC has changed their Bronze Age Omnibus trade dress. I’ve got the House of Secrets and House of Mystery volume 1 books, which have the standard Bronze Age Omnibus trade dress, but volume 2 of House of Secrets arrived, and the trade dress is totally different! It just doesn’t display as well on the shelf and, with volume 2 of House of Mystery coming next month with its own new trade dress, all of these books together just won’t display as nicely as if the dress was uniform.

Just wish DC hadn’t made this change.
House of Mystery Omnibus vol 2 just landed. Soon I’ll be binging all four volumes!
Old 08-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #336
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I truly don’t understand why after printing a few omnibus collections that DC - and also marvel - will switch out the trade dress

Yes it might be something small to think about but in addition to making sure our statues look very nicely displayed we also want our books to look nicely displayed and that can just sometimes disrupt the flow. It would not stop me from getting a collected edition if I wanted it but I can’t say that I would like the change
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #337
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I truly don’t understand why after printing a few omnibus collections that DC - and also marvel - will switch out the trade dress

Yes it might be something small to think about but in addition to making sure our statues look very nicely displayed we also want our books to look nicely displayed and that can just sometimes disrupt the flow. It would not stop me from getting a collected edition if I wanted it but I can’t say that I would like the change
I, for one, do not like the change. The just don’t display well on the shelf.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #338
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Hey all, I'm kind of new to omnibus & Deluxe edition HC collecting. I was reading in here, but don't think I saw an answer to what I'm looking for. I have decent list of back log things I am catching up on. I also am more current on what marvel has been doing. I figured an omnibus is a good way to catch up on things I want to read. My question is are these collected in omnibus or Deluxe HC? If not are they expected to be soon or at some point. I'm looking at the Hush story, Batman year 1, The metal stories, Batman who laughs, DCeased & InJustice. If there's anything else I MUST read, feel free to include it.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:28 PM   #339
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Hey all, I'm kind of new to omnibus & Deluxe edition HC collecting. I was reading in here, but don't think I saw an answer to what I'm looking for. I have decent list of back log things I am catching up on. I also am more current on what marvel has been doing. I figured an omnibus is a good way to catch up on things I want to read. My question is are these collected in omnibus or Deluxe HC? If not are they expected to be soon or at some point. I'm looking at the Hush story, Batman year 1, The metal stories, Batman who laughs, DCeased & InJustice. If there's anything else I MUST read, feel free to include it.
Hush is in an Absolute version. It’s nice. Injustice is in omnibus form and fairly easy to find I think. Batman Who Laughs is in a hardcover edition. Not sure about the DCeased or Metal stories. The Snyder/Capullo Batman omnibus is good. Batman the Arkham Saga Omni is great IMO. The Loeb/Sale Omni is great, most of the Neal Adams Batman Omni is really good and then there is the Batman Black and White Omni (Great!) and the Grant Morrison omnis (alright). Although not omnibus books, the Tales of the Batman and Legends of the Dark Knight hardcovers are really good for the most part, which are collections from different Batman writers.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #340
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Sweet, thank you. Is there anything else that should be picked up before or after injustice? Or for Infinite Crisis. Wow, that's a ton of Batman titles. If you were to start with one or two, which of all those would you recommend most? Thanks again for your input.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote