Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-18-2023, 10:22 PM   #441
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus, vol. 1 Ordered
Green Lantern by Geoff johns Omnibus, vol. 2 Ordered

Since Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason, Green Lantern Corps. Omnibus, vol. 1 will be printed soon, it is about time to get all the good stuff about Green Lantern.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 12:34 AM   #442
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus, vol. 1 Ordered
Green Lantern by Geoff johns Omnibus, vol. 2 Ordered

Since Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason, Green Lantern Corps. Omnibus, vol. 1 will be printed soon, it is about time to get all the good stuff about Green Lantern.
Doesn?t get much better than Geoff John?s Green Lantern. It was the rage, the title to get, almost as big as Frank Miller?s Daredevil as it was coming out.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 01:13 AM   #443
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Doesn?t get much better than Geoff John?s Green Lantern. It was the rage, the title to get, almost as big as Frank Miller?s Daredevil as it was coming out.
I read some of Geoff Johns's Green Lantern run up until the end of Sinestro Corps. as floppies. What i read was mostly awesome, i also read Peter Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps as floppies for a while back then and it was as good as Geoff Johns Green Lantern. Nothing to do with them... here comes the bad memories... lol but I had a huge depression at the Time and quitted all the monthly comics... I lived the total plant life for months even maybe for a year... I didn't even go out of my house, i didn't go to school, so i even lost a year at University because of my depression, then it passed away on its own, it seems you can stay depressed only so long. lol

Well, what i want to say is, i also read Brubaker&Fraction Iron Fist run as floppies and even if it is way shorter, it totally supressed what i read from Geoff Johns as Green Lantern IMHO. It is the best run, i have ever read. Tailored just for me. Let me explain, Shonen Martial Ars Mangas have tournament arcs, King of all Shonen Manga Dragon Ball has its tournament arcs, Naruto Manga has them as well etc. Brubaker and Fraction basicly took that Shonen Manga Martial Arts Tournament arc and applied it to Iron Fist and the result was perfection. David Ajas art was fantastic as well. I was having a blast each month reading Iron Fist back then. It is the Best Comics Run ever IMHO.
Old 02-22-2023, 05:56 AM   #444
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Green Lantern by Geoff johns Omnibus, vol. 3 Ordered
Old 02-25-2023, 05:23 AM   #445
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

The Flash by Mark Waid Omnibus, Vol. 1 Ordered
Justice League: The New 52 Omnibus, Vol. 2 Ordered

I thought i ordered The New 52 Justice League Omnibus, Vol. 2 long time ago, but it is not anywhere on my shelves. Yeah, there is vol. 1, but no vol. 2 so i oredered it. It is still instock everywhere to my luck.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:10 PM   #446
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Anything by Mark Waid is worth reading. The man is an outstanding comic book writer.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:15 PM   #447
Mister H
Gen 13

Can’t wait for DC to get everything together. There are only 4 or 5 omnis slated for release this whole year from them. I need some more Batman omnis.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 02:34 PM   #448
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Anything by Mark Waid is worth reading. The man is an outstanding comic book writer.
Mark Waid is one of my favorite comic book writers as well. So few comic book writers can write a decent Superman story and Mark Waid is one of them.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:05 PM   #449
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

If you do like Mark Waid when his Worlds Finest run is collected you have to get it. It is a modern telling of DC’s silver age and some of his best work
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:46 AM   #450
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Animal Man by Grant Morrison Omnibus Ordered
Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison Omnibus Ordered
Doom Patrol by Rachel Pollack Omnibus Ordered

There is also a Gerard Way Doom Patrol Deluxe that came out this week. I thought Gerard Way wrote as much as material for an Omnibus... That was abit disappointing, but i grabbed the Deluxe as well. Young Animal Print with Gerard Way had such a hype around it, i couldn't help it... lol I could have never guessed, i would be into someting written by an Emo Teenager, but here we are... lol and it has been a very Doom Petroly week for me so far.