Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-06-2023, 08:00 AM   #4531
FACEBOX
Fantastic Four

Agreed.
Sending the replacement parts would cost much more than $70.

10% refunded to you would seem more reasonable.
One would argue that it would amount to the cost of commissioning the required repairs. No way you can have someone fix those for you for $70.
FACEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:20 AM   #4532
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
Agreed.
Sending the replacement parts would cost much more than $70.

10% refunded to you would seem more reasonable.
One would argue that it would amount to the cost of commissioning the required repairs. No way you can have someone fix those for you for $70.
Fortunately I have the means to professionally fix it myself. But many do not and you're right that's not enough to commission a fix.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:43 AM   #4533
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post

I feel like I can repair it unnoticeably, but the thought of having a less than "pristine" statue is annoying when spending this much money. There is also no guarantee that the replacement parts would be without issues of their own.
I don't have much to add to what has already been suggested, but wanted to comment on this. Regarding the first sentence, collectors REALLY need to get over this mental block. If the repair is well done and not visible, the piece is fine, and no less "valuable" IMO. I don't even remember what pieces have what repairs in my collection, if they are well done. Poorly done repairs where you can still see a hairline crack though, for example, that's another story... my eye will focus on it every damn time.

Regarding the second sentence, that's a real and common possibility, and could cause even more work needing to be done on the piece. I'd rather have an invisible repair than poor fitting parts.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:03 AM   #4534
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't have much to add to what has already been suggested, but wanted to comment on this. Regarding the first sentence, collectors REALLY need to get over this mental block. If the repair is well done and not visible, the piece is fine, and no less "valuable" IMO. I don't even remember what pieces have what repairs in my collection, if they are well done. Poorly done repairs where you can still see a hairline crack though, for example, that's another story... my eye will focus on it every damn time.

Regarding the second sentence, that's a real and common possibility, and could cause even more work needing to be done on the piece. I'd rather have an invisible repair than poor fitting parts.
Statue collectors need to get over a lot of things for their own good that being one but well done unnoticeable repairs can be hard to get for a lotta people. What one finds well done, another may regard as fair.

Regardless even though all collectors are married to their statues more than their wives (especially THIS one!), but if you ever sell it you'll have to disclose the repair or be disingenuous and it will affect buyers' perception of value which for many will decrease what they are willing to pay.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:03 AM   #4535
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post

Tbh you're 100% right. Someone here told me to "return this garbage" and I thought that was a little exaggerated lol. The piece is gorgeous all in all and I can't even notice the damage right now, and less so after I do the repairs.

I made a pro/con list of the options

1- full return/re-purchase
Pros:
another chance at a mint statue

Cons:
take 2k shipping loss
No guarantee that the new statue won't get
damaged
Go another half a year without a statue

2-part replacement

Pros: possible change to have all issues resolved

Cons: new body may come just as damaged or
worse
8-14 weeks before they ship it and probably a
few months after that until I receive it
Possible fitting issues

3-repair

Pros: 70$ credit (granted I know it should be more)
No waiting/further risk
I have confidence in a great repair.

Cons: I won't have a "fully mint" statue but only I will
know that
Old 01-06-2023, 10:14 AM   #4536
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Tbh you're 100% right. Someone here told me to "return this garbage" and I thought that was a little exaggerated lol. The piece is gorgeous all in all and I can't even notice the damage right now, and less so after I do the repairs.
Yeah that was me and I stand by it. My reply was tempered by the amount of refund they offered. Prime1 is essentially passing off their risk on to you for a $70 joke. I'm only assuming this was at least 2.5K+ paid to Prime1 without shipping and duties. There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to repair something and being happy, as long as that is what you will be but if so then there never really was much of a decision to make.
Offering $70 for a 2,500 piece is just looking to take advantage of desperation.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:20 AM   #4537
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Spend $3K on a statue then repair it

Yeah right...
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:31 AM   #4538
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah that was me and I stand by it. My reply was tempered by the amount of refund they offered. Prime1 is essentially passing off their risk on to you for a $70 joke. I'm only assuming this was at least 2.5K+ paid to Prime1 without shipping and duties. There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to repair something and being happy, as long as that is what you will be but if so then there never really was much of a decision to make.
Offering $70 for a 2,500 piece is just looking to take advantage of desperation.

So you would take a $2000 loss on shipping to address this issue? And additionally pay a few hundred more on shipping from the next retailer you order from?
Old 01-06-2023, 10:32 AM   #4539
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Spend $3K on a statue then repair it

Yeah right...
I?m there with you buddy.

Of all my hobbies, statue collectors are by far the most passive group for the money they spend.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:33 AM   #4540
SDguy

Quote:
So you would take a $2000 loss on shipping to address this issue? And additionally pay a few hundred more on shipping from the next retailer you order from?
Yeah, it's amazing to me all the factors people brush aside as they step onto their soapbox.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote