Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #71
Blade3327
Nightwing

The obsession begins again. Made this mock-up comparing the 1/4 Big Game and 1/3 Movie statues. We don't have the measurements for the newer piece, so I estimated based on the fact that the CM is 32" and Prime 1 will more than likely want to beat that height by a couple inches because, well, they're Prime 1.

I suppose if you commissioned a repaint for Big Game, the two would be comparable in both quality and price -- assuming the 1/3 is presentable out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
This 1/3 JH predator also comes with a lot of switchouts. Can't believe, same as the 1/4 !

- Regular biomask head
- Gort biomask head
- Unmasked head, mandables open
- Unmasked head, mandables semi open (2:33:25)
- Loose biomask on base
- Left hand open + closed
- Right hand open + closed
- Short + long wrist blade (if not sliding)
I thought the same, but now I'm not sure. Could've just been an editing gimmick they threw into the video. A mid-roar sculpt just to reference that promotional photoshoot would be an extremely deep cut. It's cool, but from a business standpoint they'd be smarter to include a closed-mouth head.

Would love to see a trophy hand, personally.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:59 PM   #72
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The obsession begins again. Made this mock-up comparing the 1/4 Big Game and 1/3 Movie statues.

I thought the same, but now I'm not sure. Could've just been an editing gimmick they threw into the video. A mid-roar sculpt just to reference that promotional photoshoot would be an extremely deep cut. It's cool, but from a business standpoint they'd be smarter to include a closed-mouth head.

Would love to see a trophy hand, personally.
Nice! Beautiful with the green background. I will buy some green wallpaper too LOL..

The semi open probably is real, bcs there are more shots in the vid visible. i will make some copies of it.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #73
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
. . . this guy just looks too squat/stubby for me . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Agreed - first thing I thought when I saw the pics at the start of the thread.

Here's a tweak showing how much better the torso could be (adjustment by kohiba99 on the Freaks board)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #74
Halcyon
Loki

Smile

The four heads (if they don't cut one to lower cost)

Head 1

Head 2

Head 3

Head4 - Semi open / relaxed face

Head4 - Same but side view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1_Head1.png
Views:	988
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	139625   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1_Head2.png
Views:	1018
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	139626   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1_Head3.png
Views:	1253
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	139627   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1_Head4.png
Views:	1290
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	139628   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1_Head4-side.png
Views:	1297
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	139629  

Old 05-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #75
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here's a tweak showing how much better the torso could be (adjustment by kohiba99 on the Freaks board)
Fully agree, someone should post this picture on facebook. Bit slimmer looks stronger.

Legs should not be scaled down much, only his waist/stomach.

Hope they adjust this fast and put the PO up.
They wrote 'PO Soon' so bring it and dump some of the other stuff. Ohh should not say that out loud..
Old 05-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #76
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Fully agree, someone should post this picture on facebook. Bit slimmer looks stronger.
It's amazing work, and the proportions are good for everything EXCEPT his torso. How they screwed that up while supposedly attending to so much detail is beyond me. Maybe they should have stepped back a bit and got someone with fresh eyes to critique.

Doesn't need the height extending (or the breadth slimming down) A LOT, but it DOES need it as it makes him look like those dumpy kids that couldn't climb ropes in gym-class.

Real shame.

I'm surprised more people didn't pick up on this straight away.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:19 PM   #77
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
I'm surprised more people didn't pick up on this straight away.
The width of the torso looks acceptable, but he does look a bit pudgy from the side. Wonder if they could bring in the depth but keep the width mostly intact. Would still rather this than the CM or SWS proportions.

Another mock-up for those wanting to do an Alien and Predator display. Again, this assumes that the 1/3 Predator will be a couple inches bigger than the CM, but at this already massive size, a three inch discrepancy isn't a huge deal.

Where things do get dicey is the size of the Alien Warrior. The website states it will be 26" tall, so that's what the shorter frame is based on. But if I scale the image so its width matches the given 30" width, the whole statue would be a few inches taller and that's the second frame. The truth may lie somewhere in between. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll look bigger in person than measurements would have us believe.

Focal length also changes the way its dimensions relate to each other, so I used a different picture for the larger frame to try and cover more ground. Clumsy, I know. Would sure be nice if Prime 1 could just put these three pieces together in a photo so we know for sure.

At least now there's a Predator with a large enough base that the 30"x30" base on the Warrior or the giant wall on the Big Chap won't feel so overpowering.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #78
Ezhil
Mephisto

A minute silence for those who felt cheated by prime one that no 1/3 predators will be produced and made to buy the 1/4 th
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #79
Ezhil
Mephisto

Obese predator
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:47 PM   #80
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
A minute silence for those who felt cheated by prime one that no 1/3 predators will be produced and made to buy the 1/4 th
That too.
And maybe rushing some of the 1/4 now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The width of the torso looks acceptable, but he does look a bit pudgy from the side. Wonder if they could bring in the depth but keep the width mostly intact. Would still rather this than the CM or SWS proportions.

Another mock-up for those wanting to do an Alien and Predator display. Again, this assumes that the 1/3 Predator will be a couple inches bigger than the CM, but at this already massive size, a three inch discrepancy isn't a huge deal.

Hopefully either Alien will look great next to the Predator.
Now choosing your new statue combos is shot in foot again..
I prefer 1/4 (don't have 1/3) and the warrior did look bit small so I was really thinking ordering it to go with JH 1/4.

Think I don't go for other 1/3 aliens, only this pred. This will take some yrs also before it is ready. Ugh I hate waiting so long.. (with pos to be let down again)