Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 06-02-2022, 05:03 PM   #21
White Wolf
Fantastic Four

I commented on their ig post regarding this guy that for $850 the line work and cleanliness in the face, eyes and teeth could be better and they said thanks for the feedback so maybe (just maybe) it will be improved?
White Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:24 PM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
I commented on their ig post regarding this guy that for $850 the line work and cleanliness in the face, eyes and teeth could be better and they said thanks for the feedback so maybe (just maybe) it will be improved?
Unlikely.

Thanks for the feedback is the go to response to critiques on all manufacturers social media accounts.

And Iron Studio rarely intentionally changes a piece after it goes up for preorder. Even when it’s a simple adjustment to make it more movie accurate I find that once a piece is approved, they rarely want to waste time going through it again. Unless there is a significant negative response to it for some reason.

I still remember the simple paint issues for their CW Black Panther (additional silver accents on the face) and Endgame Cap (brown straps instead of the incorrect blue they used). All they had to do was paint a certain small piece a different colour to the prototype, and they refused. That’s a common problem when they base their pieces on early production shots rather than how it ends in the final product. To make it worse in most cases it goes up for preorder long after the movie has been released, giving them more than enough time to incorporate any changes since receiving the early production files that they would've used for the development of the prototype.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #23
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Correct, they won't change it. They know enough people will buy as is to justify it. It's pretty lame. I had messaged them a few times on feedback on some statues and nothing was ever done. Even when a bunch of people on these forums had the same complaint. I think it was the Thor Unleashed fabric cape.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #24
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Hooded portrait for the win.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:07 AM   #25
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Are people complaining on social media? I've seen Iron Studios change something after getting complaints but I can't remember what it was. A rare occurrence but it does happen.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:21 PM   #26
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Are people complaining on social media? I've seen Iron Studios change something after getting complaints but I can't remember what it was. A rare occurrence but it does happen.
I remember it happening, but I can’t remember what piece it was. I have most of their 1/4 scale MCU pieces and I don’t think it was any of those.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:28 PM   #27
White Wolf
Fantastic Four

Dang...well...hoping in person the flaws are so minimal that it's hard to tell. I love the brooding and quiet rage this piece encompasses.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:15 PM   #28
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If you don't have the SS PF, I suppose this would do in its place. As a huge Maul fan I don't see competing with it tho, especially at the price.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:59 PM   #29
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
They changed 1/10 Poison Ivy's portrait after people complained. I also remember IS tweaking the Back to the Future faces as well.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:01 PM   #30
White Wolf
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljaat View Post
If you don't have the SS PF, I suppose this would do in its place. As a huge Maul fan I don't see competing with it tho, especially at the price.
I'm not digging the price at all.

The Sideshow piece is great but I do like the hooded look. Also like the robes being sculpted the way they are. But the Sideshow is cleaner.