Old 10-02-2022, 06:40 AM   #311
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
WW84 and JL WW side by side video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_YmWcuKZFk
Thanks for the link!

I know that some people prefer the WW84 head sculpt to the one from the JL statue but I like both of them very much.

I know that some people would have liked the WW84 head sculpt on the JL statue but I expected and wanted different head sculpts since I already have the WW84 statue.

If they both had the same head sculpt then I don't think they would display together as well as they do.
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #312
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't know about everyone else, but it was the colors of this statue that were bugging me. Everything other than the costume was just...off...

I spent some time in photoshop, and I made her:
  • Irises darker
  • Skin warmer
  • Lips less vibrant
  • Nose-mouth ridge deeper
  • Eyeshadow brighter
  • Eyes slightly lower
  • Mouth slightly smaller

JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #313
ACalica917
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Do me a favor and email this photo to JND everyday until you get a response. Haha.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #314
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Wow. 4k and they still charge sales tax on top of that. Those guys are basically scalpers.
Honestly, they do walk the line with scalping. Multiple times with Gundam releases, they will carry pieces that are P-Bandai exclusives (even available on the US site) at over a 40% increase. Sometimes, they even put in the description that the price is based off their supplier. Even with those price increases, they sell out even though the pieces would still be available on the official site.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #315
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

First off, I think this piece is pretty awesome.

But the main issue I have with JND as a whole so far has been lips and the painting of lips. For some reason, they always seem to exaggerate the paint and size of the lips (Catwoman, Joker, this, and others). The edit above looks phenomenal and just fixing the paint on the lips (toning it down and keep it within the lip line) makes it a much better looking piece.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #316
Cmac
Mephisto

Something I've been wondering - Gal Gadot is shorter than Affleck and Cavill. They used camera angles and other effects to make her look around the same height. I'm guessing this statue is based off the film height and not her real height?
Old 10-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #317
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Something I've been wondering - Gal Gadot is shorter than Affleck and Cavill. They used camera angles and other effects to make her look around the same height. I'm guessing this statue is based off the film height and not her real height?
I would always want a collectible to be depicted how it was on screen, and not real life. I wouldn't want an Elijah Wood Frodo or Sean Astin Samwise at real life heights lol.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #318
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
First off, I think this piece is pretty awesome.

But the main issue I have with JND as a whole so far has been lips and the painting of lips. For some reason, they always seem to exaggerate the paint and size of the lips (Catwoman, Joker, this, and others). The edit above looks phenomenal and just fixing the paint on the lips (toning it down and keep it within the lip line) makes it a much better looking piece.
I'm not sure if I find their painting of lips that bad. Of course, it could be that I keep thinking of XM and their horrible lip painting. Nobody really seems to point out how XM's Batman White Knight on Batcycle looks like he's wearing lipstick. Even their prototypes look bad for the latest Batman piece.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #319
ukshaun
Hercules

Having spent some more time looking at JND's work, i think they have performed wonders!

I dug out an old photo of my Hot Toys - Wonder Woman
The likeness seems to have gone having looked at the JND piece.

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #320
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I can't verify that the heights online are correct. In addition, there is sometimes more than one height posted online for people.

With that out of the way, below are some heights I found online.

Henry Cavill: 6 feet 1 inch

Ben Affleck: 6 feet 4 inches

Gal Gadot: 5 feet 10 inches

I think Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman wears higher heels than the footwear Ben Affleck's and Henry Cavill's characters wear. That probably makes up some of the height difference between them.

In 1:3 scale then Gal Gadot should be 23.3 inches if she is barefoot.

I don't know what JND uses for reference for height for their statues. I would hope and guess the real height of the actor and actress unless they were supposed to be shorter or bigger than real life for characters like the Hobbits in LOTR or Thanos where techniques were used to alter the appearance of their real heights.

I can measure my JND WW84 statue from the bottom of where her foot should be up to the top of her head.
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote