Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-28-2023, 03:51 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Judge Dredd

He is probably the most iconic character in 2000 AD history and among all English comic books history. I have never read Judge Dredd in my entire life so far, but i ordered 7 trades of him, today including Cursed Earth Uncensored trade. I tried to accuaire some of the best stories of Judge Dredd with those 7 trades. I like to make impulse buys like that time to time. It is overdue that i start to read Judge Dredd. I liked the Stallone film when i was young, but i didn't know Judge Dredd was a comic book character back then.

It is around 2005 or something when i heard about 2000 AD Comics for the first time. Carl Urban Film was fantastic. After watching the film two times at home. I don't remember how many times i rewatched the Dredd's car chase on his bike scene. Mama was a very cool villain. I would like to see the film in theathers, but it came and went from the theathers so silently like an indipendent art film would, no internet buzz... If only the film was marketed better, it would make alot better in theathers, i believe.

Is there any Judge Dredd fans on the Forum ? I would like to see their Top 10 Judge Dredd Comics lists at least, even if they don't feel like contrubuting to the thread.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:49 PM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

DK, I would start with the Complete Case Files. Judgment on Gotham is pretty cool also. Great character, one of my top 5 of all time.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:45 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
DK, I would start with the Complete Case Files. Judgment on Gotham is pretty cool also. Great character, one of my top 5 of all time.
May be later, once i got all the Essential Judge Dredd series, if i like them, i would be interested with the rest as well. And yeah, i got into Essential Judge Dredd series. I got all the vols. so far;

Essential Judge Dredd: Origins Ordered
Essential Judge Dredd: America Ordered
Essential Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death Ordered
Essential Judge Dredd: Necropolis Ordered
Essential Judge Dredd: The Apocalyps War Ordered
and then i got some regular trades:
Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth Uncensored Ordered
Judge Dredd: End of Days Ordered
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote