Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Auto Insurance Question (for anyone, but specifically for California drivers).

(actual question in bold, haha)

Thinking of changing my policy as of today; not doing the "quote game" this minute because I don't have 20 minutes to spend per insurance agency at the moment, so I'm curious...

As someone who lives in California (which adds to the policy), has had two speeding tickets - and nothing else, ie no DUIs etc - his entire life (one speeding ticket was within the last 12 months.. whoops), how badly is Progressive raking me over the coals for charging me $80 a month? For that matter, how good an insurance company is Progressive?

I'm single (divorced, whatever), no kids... so for those of you in my boat, and/or live in California, i'm wondering what you pay? Looked on-line for the national average, and it's twice what I'm paying, but that factors in drunks, people who've had accidents, etc... which I'm not one of.

My family mostly uses USAA for our insurance(s) and credit cards (and have for decades), etc, since it's solely for the military (until recently) and was inexpensive due to that and some other reasons, but.. yeah.. I went with Progressive when I moved back to CA. last year.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
statman
Baron Zemo

I'm paying about the same with State Farm for an '08 Altima. No tickets, DUI's or accidents on my record (I hope I didn't just jinx myself LOL). Mine is full coverage. Is yours?

Of course I live in Texas, though...
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Try AIS. i just got a new policy on my truck that i have not driven in 10 months. $48/month, but i just have liability since i figure my truck isn't work as much to be paying a premium.

http://www.aisinsurance.com/
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Underdog07
Hercules

Insurance is for suckers. So tell me Ryan, are you a sucker?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
foxrain
Doh!

We have different situations so I think no one can't really answer your query but an agent. Just when you have time to have a quote online you can try here:

http://www.onlineinsuranceportal.com

Haven't use their services yet but maybe they can give you quote using different insurance companies. Goodluck!
foxrain is offline   Reply With Quote