Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-31-2019, 10:21 PM   #231
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
It’s easy to figure out, just plug in your box weight and dimension to ups ground calculator - that’s your retail price.

Most small business who ships a few items a day gets 50% off retail with their ups accounts, I have that. Amazon gets about 80%+ off the retail rates I know because I also in their fba seller program that can use amazon rates to ship. Sideshow is probably in between my guess is around 65-75% off retail rates, they have huge volume.

They jacked up the shipping since last year significantly - a PF box now cost $50+ to east coast used to be $30, but ups didn’t increase their rates anywhere close to that much, like a few bucks only.

P1 shipping rates from sideshow per above posts just seem completely insane. $120 per box to east coast via ups ground? Laughable....
UPS and FedEX and USPS have all changed their DIM weight formula since last year.That results in higher rates for the same size packages a year earlier. Online shipping calculators are not going to tell you what these companies have to actually pay to ship your items. You can't find that info using that method.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:32 PM   #232
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
UPS and FedEX and USPS have all changed their DIM weight formula since last year.That results in higher rates for the same size packages a year earlier. Online shipping calculators are not going to tell you what these companies have to actually pay to ship your items. You can't find that info using that method.
It's not about what it cost them to send it. Any company that does large amounts of shipping will get tiered discounts.

What I want to know is if what they are charging is accurate to the base shipping price. When you login to UPS or FedEx, they give you the base shipping charge based off dimensions and weight. They then apply discounts based off your company profile.

Sideshow may have well been giving discounts to shipping prior to recently; or maybe they were not. A lot of charges have gone up recently. That said, I'm having trouble believing what they are charging to send 2 boxes to the east coast is the same as what Prime 1 charges to send by mail halfway around the world. Sideshow may be overcharging or Prime 1 may be undercharging, but I want to know and not just pay something blindly.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #233
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
It's not about what it cost them to send it. Any company that does large amounts of shipping will get tiered discounts.

What I want to know is if what they are charging is accurate to the base shipping price. When you login to UPS or FedEx, they give you the base shipping charge based off dimensions and weight. They then apply discounts based off your company profile.

Sideshow may have well been giving discounts to shipping prior to recently; or maybe they were not. A lot of charges have gone up recently. That said, I'm having trouble believing what they are charging to send 2 boxes to the east coast is the same as what Prime 1 charges to send by mail halfway around the world. Sideshow may be overcharging or Prime 1 may be undercharging, but I want to know and not just pay something blindly.
You aren't going to get "accurate" info that way. Trying to guesstimate without accurate data won't allow you to prove anything one way or the other. The accurate information is only known between SS and the shipping carriers.

Good luck trying to prove that they are illegally overcharging for shipping using guesstimates of what you think the cost is vs. what they charge, without any actual accurate data.

That's never going to fly.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:57 PM   #234
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
You aren't going to get "accurate" info that way. Trying to guesstimate without accurate data won't allow you to prove anything one way or the other. The accurate information is only known between SS and the shipping carriers.

Good luck trying to prove that they are illegally overcharging for shipping using guesstimates of what you think the cost is vs. what they charge, without any actual accurate data.

The only thing we’ll be able to find out is how much it would cost the collector to send the parcel themselves. Essentially a price ceiling, but as you said nothing much else.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:37 AM   #235
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

We won’t need to prove anything. Sideshow already proves their shady business practices themselves. If your customer base suspects you’re doing something, then they are probably doing something. Everything they do seems shady. It’s one thing to maximize your business to the fullest, cutting extreme corners, but when you’re a company like Sideshow and it comes to losing money, you start doing even more shady ----. Illegal ----.

If you can’t believe they’re skimming off the shipping, week answer me this, why the hell does a massive company like Sideshow (with what I’m sure is a giant warehouse) doesn’t have a will call?? You have a freaking warehouse with no will call for local customers to pick up their items?? If they charge high shipping and they have no will call for local customers, if that’s not even remotely suspicious, I don’t know what is..

To me, Sideshow, the massive collectibles company, is operating like a Dotcom company from the 00s

No ----ing joke.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #236
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Does anyone know Sideshows net worth?
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #237
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:

What's not accurate? If you have the actual dimensions and weight, you should be able to get a shipping charge. There is no guessing. Base shipping charges can be calculated. The pricing tier is something else, but I'm not concerned about that.

If Sideshow's charges are higher than what I get plugging the numbers into the system, there's a problem.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #238
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
We won’t need to prove anything. Sideshow already proves their shady business practices themselves. If your customer base suspects you’re doing something, then they are probably doing something. Everything they do seems shady. It’s one thing to maximize your business to the fullest, cutting extreme corners, but when you’re a company like Sideshow and it comes to losing money, you start doing even more shady ----. Illegal ----.

If you can’t believe they’re skimming off the shipping, week answer me this, why the hell does a massive company like Sideshow (with what I’m sure is a giant warehouse) doesn’t have a will call?? You have a freaking warehouse with no will call for local customers to pick up their items?? If they charge high shipping and they have no will call for local customers, if that’s not even remotely suspicious, I don’t know what is..

To me, Sideshow, the massive collectibles company, is operating like a Dotcom company from the 00s

No ----ing joke.
No "Will call" is common. The company would than need to insure itself for onsite customers which is a huge increase over standard office / warehouse insurance, way more liability.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #239
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Private company, so no...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #240
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Their worth in nets? fishing nets for example..
Probably quite a bit
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote