Old 08-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #1271
Biggunz
Loki

Yeah no balls. Lol
Mine was like that too
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #1272
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Got mine opened up. I didn't see the ring of ball bearings for the base in either box so I'm going to have to really search them both again or have them send me a replacement. Also, I ended up scratching the damn cape when I put it on the statue. It didn't go in easily so I had to work it around a bit. Same with his foot going in the hole--got a nice chip (that you can't see) when it finally slammed into place. Other than those couple issues, the statue is beautiful. I am a bit nervous with the sculpted cape though. I won't be surprised if it starts leaning as time goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Is the sculpted version supposed to have the ball bearings? I thought that was just for the fabric cape version.
Pretty sure that's the case. The fabric has the ball bearings because you are supposed to be able to rotate it around. The sculpted version doesn't because you are supposed to take Supes out to put him on the other way. My guess is that the cape weight and size makes it less stable/durable to have a rotating base.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #1273
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Got mine opened up. I didn't see the ring of ball bearings for the base in either box so I'm going to have to really search them both again or have them send me a replacement. Also, I ended up scratching the damn cape when I put it on the statue. It didn't go in easily so I had to work it around a bit. Same with his foot going in the hole--got a nice chip (that you can't see) when it finally slammed into place. Other than those couple issues, the statue is beautiful. I am a bit nervous with the sculpted cape though. I won't be surprised if it starts leaning as time goes on.

A few pics:

The sculpted cape Superman' should not have the bearings since it's not designed to rotate.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #1274
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

From what I've read, I think the issue for a lot of collectors who are getting the sculpted cape version in hand, is that the instructions mistakely show the ball bearings!?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #1275
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Yeah, I thought they were supposed to be there because the instructions show the ball bearings being included. Sounds like they made a mistake so I won't worry about it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #1276
generalzodlives

Also, I had him facing the other way on the base, but he was sticking out so far that it made me nervous so I switched it.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:09 AM   #1277
KelvinJ
Fantastic Four

It was announced months ago that the sculpted cape version wasn't designed to completely rotate, and that you'd have to physically pick it up and turn it around. Also, Kevin Loke posted a while back that an iron rod runs the the entire length of Superman's body to offer additional support for the cape. I have this statue and I highly doubt it'll start leaning.
KelvinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:28 AM   #1278
generalzodlives

I know the sculpted version isn't supposed to rotate. That was stated when they announced the statue. However, when there's a picture of a piece in the unboxing instructions, it's natural to assume it's supposed to be there.

As for the statue potentially leaning, there's no way to know until time passes. I'm sure Prime 1 didn't think the Batman Hush statue would have leaning issues, but it's still happening.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #1279
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Congrats on a fantastic looking statue Zod, sculpted cape looks great!

They cheaped out on the instruction sheet and used the same one for both versions, so while you were looking for the bearings.... I was looking for the sculpted cape.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #1280
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Prime 1 did create unnecessary confusion with the same instructions for both pieces (fabric and sculpt cape). Even I was wondering if the sculpt version for some reason was going to include the ball sack ring.

This statue is really the next level in art. Sculpt is a masterpiece! Surprising they didn't charge extra for the work that had to put in to make that cape. Well done Prime 1. Your pieces never cease to amaze balls me.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote