Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah i didn't care for him as the joker either.
i know he tried really hard to be the joker. but to me he was way off the mark.
To me, they're two totally different aspects of his character. Jack's Joker was the comical, silly-crazy version and Heath's version was the dark, morbid side of Joker.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #22
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Heath Ledger had to do his version of Joker because if he tried to mimic Nicholson's Joker, then many would state Ledger was a wanna be and unoriginal. Honestly, I don't think the Dark Knight would have worked with a Nicholson Joker. I do like Jack Nicholson as the Joker too and he did a great job in Batman '89.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
the enterbay joker is the best peice I own
however its still a figure and doesn't display as nicely as a statue

if they come even close to a good portrait of ledger
it would probably want to make me switch over
but it would depend on the pose

personally this is my most anticipated piece
I couldn't be happier
I have to admit , I might be intrigued too, But knowing Sideshow he could end up having some silly pose or weird paint job.I might buy and pose the enterbay figure on the SS base which will definitely be better than EB's base.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
To me, they're two totally different aspects of his character. Jack's Joker was the comical, silly-crazy version and Heath's version was the dark, morbid side of Joker.
I agree both versions are fun to watch, Ledger's Joker has become a cultural icon though,You might think it was due to his untimely passing but I think it would have ended up like that anyway,My friends who are not comic book fans went berserk over the performance.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah i didn't care for him as the joker either.
i know he tried really hard to be the joker. but to me he was way off the mark.
I think for what Nolan was going for in the Dark Knight series Heath Ledger nailed the Joker perfectly.... He played a Dark Gritty Realistic version of The Joker...

I imagine purists were upset he didn't get dunked in chemical waste to turn him into the Joker like the Comic Books... But Nolan made it pretty clear he was avoiding the comic book lore as much as possible to give a more realistic interpretation of the Batman Universe.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #26
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
preety happy with my enterbay and doubt SS can match the realism.
I feel the same way......
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #27
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If it looks good I will buy that Ledger Joker day 1 ...gotta have it. Hopefully it is a PF and comes out with perfect likeness.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Heath Ledger had to do his version of Joker because if he tried to mimic Nicholson's Joker, then many would state Ledger was a wanna be and unoriginal. Honestly, I don't think the Dark Knight would have worked with a Nicholson Joker. I do like Jack Nicholson as the Joker too and he did a great job in Batman '89.
i didn't like jacks joker either..
Heath def shouldn't have tried to be more like jack. he still could have done his own morbid version of the Joker. but to me he didn't stay true to the character. at least the joker i wanted to see. and its not entirely his fault. is has a lot to do with the writers.
i think he should have been more twisted and f***ed in the head than what he was. should have been more of an off the wall evil lunatistical psychopath.
i just didn't see the joker in his performance that i wanted to see. i think he took the meaning of making the character his own quite a bit tol far. to the pint where he wasn't portraying the character he was supposed to be portraying. to me anyway.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think for what Nolan was going for in the Dark Knight series Heath Ledger nailed the Joker perfectly.... He played a Dark Gritty Realistic version of The Joker...

I imagine purists were upset he didn't get dunked in chemical waste to turn him into the Joker like the Comic Books... But Nolan made it pretty clear he was avoiding the comic book lore as much as possible to give a more realistic interpretation of the Batman Universe.
i understand that. and he didn't have to fall into a vat of acid. it was how he portrayed the character. how he acted. just didn't seem like the joker to me. like i said before. he wasn't that twisted, f***ed in the head off the wall evil lunatistical psychopath i was hoping for. i just think it could have been much better. i guess i expect too much. or either im just to think that hollywood can actually bring these "fictional" characters to life hoe i would like to see them.
looks like its going to be a great sculpt of him though.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #30
dechirico7
The Flash

This character has been done to death.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote