Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #331
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It's just mind boggling to me that even after the steady stream of PO's that P1 has been doing the past few months, they still have THIRTY SIX products on their "coming soon" page. And oh by the way we're coming up on the time of the year where a lot of new things tend to be revealed.
It shouldn't be surprising to you because they have a ton of licenses and they go much deeper into a license when most companies usually stop at 2-3 characters. Prime 1 to their credit makes obscure character that no other license company will make.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #332
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The part of it that is mind boggling to me is what their definition of "Coming Soon" is. Not how many licenses/statues they have.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #333
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Check out Todd's Facebook video from 5/10/19. Start watching at 24:05...

Todd talks tariffs
"Todd"?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #334
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
"Todd"?
OOPS! Chad talks tariffs.

Mixing up Tweeterhead and specfictionshop!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #335
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

So this stupid US tariff business? Does it only affect US based businesses getting pieces produced in China and shipped back to the states, or does it get applied to everyone bringing in pieces from China? If everyone that certainly explains Prime 1’s Economy shipping hitting that snag. As an unexpected 15-25% increase in a tariff is a lot of money.

Sideshow has probably just passed on the cost to customers with their exorbitant price increases. But how does Prime 1 handle this? Can they just ship from China to Japan, mark the boxes as made in Japan (yes I know that’s wrong), and then ship to the US to escape the tariff? Probably not, unless they manufacture elsewhere. Especially given that they’re thinking of having local warehouses set up. But I guess the whole point of this is the ‘current’ US government wanting to penalise China for what its been doing for decades.

If this tariff business doesn’t improve could we be seeing Prime 1 pieces selling for say $1,200 USD on Prime 1’s website, but on US stores they may be listed anywhere up to 25% higher?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #336
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I think maybe many businesses are jumpy and scared about the tariffs so maybe they are factoring them into their operations their cost prematurely.
Many US retailers did this last Christmas and will be doing the same this year but at a higher %. Last year around this time they said as much. So much for the US consumer paying nothing and China paying for it all.

All the shipping costs have skyrocketed partly because of this BS. I can assure all of you when I got my P1 Killer Croc at release through SS it was not what they’re charging for shipping now. It’s nearly doubled since October.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:41 AM   #337
Silicon Man
Frackin!

SS had the P1 GoT piece at SDCC this year

This is a good sign! However, it's also possible that there was some licensing deal that forced P1 to distribute through SS
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #338
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post

This is a good sign! However, it's also possible that there was some licensing deal that forced P1 to distribute through SS
I think the GoT piece was there because of Sideshow’s distribution deal with Blitzway.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #339
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post

This is a good sign!
I'm afraid they only had it because it's also a Blitzway piece, who still are an affiliate of them.

They even omitted Prime 1's name on their official SDCC pics when first released - it was corrected later.

Edit: Ah, didn't see nearmint's reply.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #340
Silicon Man
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think the GoT piece was there because of Sideshow’s distribution deal with Blitzway.
Yeah, it seems like that is the case

The way that SS is damage-controlling this situation is bizarre. I spoke with a SS customer service rep a few weeks ago, and the rep claimed that all of the rumors about the SS/P1 drama were completely false. The rep claimed that SS and P1 were still on great terms

Although SS customer service is friendly in general, there seems to be a significant disconnect with the rest of the company
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote