Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-29-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

We Need To Talk About the X-MEN Premium Format Line

What in the world is going on with these pieces? I was excited for all of them this time last year, but they keep making small changes each time they update the production photos; changes for the worse.

E.g. - The first Psylocke portrait was beautiful, yet changed to something odd, and recently changed again to something disastrously obscure.

E.g. 2 - The Magneto face sculpt arrived noticeably darker, yet still looked fine.

E.g. 3 - The skin on Emma Frost is now noticeably darker and doesn't compliment her at all, and she also appears to have googly eyes, and one bulging in the new production photos.

I actually like the change for Rogue... but we'll see how it actually looks once reviews start popping up.

Anyway, I'm totally bummed by all of these constant changes and am so hesitant to continue buying any of them. And considering my last five PFs arrived with QC issues, I really don't want to order anything else from them in general.

What is happening to Sideshow? It honestly seems like they're having an internal meltdown with their managers and they're struggling to keep things moving in a constant direction.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:11 AM   #2
Peedi
The Secret Six

NIGHTCRAWLER (classic, don’t go screwing up the costume)
90s undies Beast
90s Iceman
90s Archangel
90s Bishop with the long hair
90s Jubilee, pink shirt, shades and yellow jacket

I know that’s not what you’re looking for but that’s all I got.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:33 AM   #3
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I know that’s not what you’re looking for but that’s all I got.
Haha, that's quite alright. I wish we could get a Jubilee, but that'd never happen. All of those were on my wish list as well.

Idk anymore tbh. I spent my reckless summer money on landscaping and enjoyed that a hell of a lot more than my recent luck with collecting. I've just been pissed of more frequently because I'm sick of spending so much money on a dud. I'll leave it at that. Happy collecting.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:44 AM   #4
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Because Sideshow hired QC team who lived in China to accomplish the work.Sideshow seldom finished the QC work themselve and that is one of the reason that some product are grail and some are grave.
Sideshow need to know that world has changed.this is not suggest but a caution.
YOU will lose more if you do not make a change and I really hope you aware that what kind of change you should make.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:44 AM   #5
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

double.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #6
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Usually why i try to avoid POing, it helps if i'm not invested, for me it lessens the blow of disappointment if I'm not happy about production.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:21 AM   #7
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Usually why i try to avoid POing, it helps if i'm not invested, for me it lessens the blow of disappointment if I'm not happy about production.
You are right in doing so. I recently found this out the hard way. My final PO is Emma Frost and these new production shots have me really nervous about the eyes and tan skin. Looks like someone caked on cheap liquid foundation, all over her. I'll never PO again.

I was planning on taking the summer off from collecting, but my order was delayed until June-July. I really hope she turns out okay, because it's a beautiful sculpt. This is the first Emma Frost I've seen that actually looks somewhat classy and am really hoping they don't mess it up...
Old 05-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #8
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
You are right in doing so. I recently found this out the hard way. My final PO is Emma Frost and these new production shots have me really nervous about the eyes and tan skin. Looks like someone caked on cheap liquid foundation, all over her. I'll never PO again.

I was planning on taking the summer off from collecting, but my order was delayed until June-July. I really hope she turns out okay, because it's a beautiful sculpt. This is the first Emma Frost I've seen that actually looks somewhat classy and am really hoping they don't mess it up...
Same, i like the skin tone though. Usually these statues look better inhand, SS usually never have the best pics.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:03 AM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yea, we need to talk about how there isn't a new, modern Storm.

#StormRiot #SDCC2019
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #10
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The same thing happened to the new DC line. 1.5 years ago when they revealed the new line things looked like they were going to be amazing.

Now:
1. Wonder Woman looks great, but didn't turn out like the proto.
2. Superman is too dark and has beady eyes that look too far left.
3. Batman is a hunchback and seems old/grizzly/thick which doesn't go with more youthful Supes/WW.
4. Poison Ivy is just... how should I put it... not widely appreciated.
5. They messed up Green Lanterns (missing) forearm, so they just filled it in and painted the construct a cheap toy looking green to cover it up.
6. No one really wanted Supergirl.
7. Doomsday is overpriced and is part PVC
8. No one really wanted Batgirl.
9. No one really cares about this particular Lobo.
10. Mr Freeze is way overpriced.
11. We're about to find out if they f'd up a perfect looking Green Arrow.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote