Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #21
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I understand that they're only making 100 of the SDCC exclusive, but it's $670 before the discount! Doesn't that seem a little steep to anyone else besides me? I really want 3 of the girls in this line, but I'm starting to worry that the regular versions might be priced to high for me. $300 was my max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoPlus View Post
Why the hell is this 670 bucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
This color variant os sweet, but that price? Ouch! I'll wait to see what the regular versions cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Lol, bubble bursted.

No way GG on the $670.

Let's hope the regular versions are at a normal and earthly price or I'll have to skip them.
My heart jumped when I read the title. Then I saw the statue and price. Plus the $80 membership cost to order. My thoughts echo everyone here. Gentle Giant must be crazy on the price for this exclusive. I don't know their past exclusive pricing. But I assume the normal edition will be just a bit lower. As they can't be seen gouging customers just because this is an edition of 100. And she'll flip for $1000+ too. Part of me is tempted to get her and flip to pay for the normal edition...

Gentle Giant doesn't list her as a Thunderball Domino variant. But that is the inspiration. But it should be a Thunderball and Octopussy girl variant. And they have things wrong like her hair color. Which I prefer on the normal even though I prefer blondes! Although Kim Basinger's Domino was blonde in the Never Say Never Again Thunderball remake. I can't remember Domino's hair color in the book. They could have referenced Bond's classic Rolex with strap on the statue too. Maybe have the mask blue since that's what Bond wears. If they did more than just give her the red diver suit and fins, then yeah I would be getting this variant. I'm still a bit tempted. But the normal is the better version to me still. Yet the idea is sound. Gentle Giant or someone needs to do a Bond girls statue line.

Here's a Domino pic from Thunderball for new Bond fans that don't get the reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Domino_06.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	689.7 KB
ID:	78776  
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Can someone do a side by side comparision of the EX and the regular version? My paint/photoshop skills are lacking
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #23
Vallos
Jubilee

Damn, that is way too pricey. Stunning variant, but I will be just as happy with the regular.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I doubt the whole line will be priced this high. This is after all a Variant and Con Exclusive.

That said $670 is some crazy money despite how downright amazing this piece looks.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #25
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I doubt the whole line will be priced this high. This is after all a Variant and Con Exclusive.

That said $670 is some crazy money despite how downright amazing this piece looks.
Price is nuts. I'm thinking it was a test to see how to price the regs.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

In the past, what GG pieces were priced higher for con? None that I can remember. The 1/4 scale Pale man was $200 or $250. While this HT piece is way more detailed, I still don't think the $670 price tag is justified.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

IMO this piece should have been priced at $500-$550 max. GG is obviously pushing the boundary with this and taking full advantage of it's exclusivity.

I think it would've been wiser to have a regular release hit first as not to put off collectors on the entire line. I'd imagine regular releases will be priced between $400-$475. Anything more than that and this line is going to have a difficult time getting off the ground despite how amazing they look.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Luminous
Cyclops

Don't you think even anything above $350 is pushing it with an unlicensed line?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Don't you think even anything above $350 is pushing it with an unlicensed line?
Given today's pricing? No. See my post in the other thread as I laid out my reasoning there.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #30
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Given today's pricing? No. See my post in the other thread as I laid out my reasoning there.
Yep, just responded.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote