Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-28-2024, 11:07 PM   #771
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singuy View Post
For anyone looking for a case that fits JND perfectly with metal shelves that can hold 120lbs, check out the "AFAIK glass metal storage bookcase". It's on amazon for 200 shipped and it will fit 4 JND with ease. These are my jnd DC ladies in this case.
Is this the AFAIF Curio model with the 4 adjustable shelves ($150 + $50 shipping)?

I am considering investing in this - looks like a good economical alternative and it maximizes the space, a perfect fit for 4 JND statues - my Moducase MAX140 Plus has so much empty area.

Looks like you modded it somewhat with the lights and art prints - where did you got those lights and art prints and how did you hang them?

A couple of my concerns are the gaps and shelving - judging by how the light slightly bleeds out around the doors, it's not completely sealed or "dust free."

How confident are you with the shelving? the product description states the shelves supports up to 120 lbs each but I'm a little skeptical that it won't warp or collapse over time (not sure how strong the metal is) - i believe the JND statues are less than 30 lbs each so maybe I'm being overly concerned.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 11:34 PM   #772
Singuy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Is this the AFAIF Curio model with the 4 adjustable shelves ($150 + $50 shipping)?

I am considering investing in this - looks like a good economical alternative and it maximizes the space, a perfect fit for 4 JND statues - my Moducase MAX140 Plus has so much empty area.

Looks like you modded it somewhat with the lights and art prints - where did you got those lights and art prints and how did you hang them?

A couple of my concerns are the gaps and shelving - judging by how the light slightly bleeds out around the doors, it's not completely sealed or "dust free."

How confident are you with the shelving? the product description states the shelves supports up to 120 lbs each but I'm a little skeptical that it won't warp or collapse over time (not sure how strong the metal is) - i believe the JND statues are less than 30 lbs each so maybe I'm being overly concerned.
The lights are magnetic led lights since the entire case is metal. It's definitely not for people looking for a constant on solution in which then you have to use a metal drill bit and make some holes. There are practically no gap for your wires to get around unlike a Detolf. It's pretty heavy duty and I'm pretty confident that the shelf would hold 60lbs. As for the posters, I bought these wooden bordered frames and used double sided tape plus a magnet strip. It holds pretty well.

This is the exact link to what I bought. There's still enough space to put something on the top or bottom depending how you adjusted the shelf. I have a 1/6 Hot Toys Batpod that fits in perfectly along with the JND gals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:26 AM   #773
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
For anyone looking for a case that fits JND perfectly with metal shelves that can hold 120lbs, check out the "AFAIK glass metal storage bookcase". It's on amazon for 200 shipped and it will fit 4 JND with ease. These are my jnd DC ladies in this case.
You might want to put foam strips along those gaps to seal it a bit better, otherwise dust will still get in.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:32 PM   #774
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thank you for the link, I'll highly consider that as an option.
I also have the JND Cavill Supes on PO and its a tall statue with him being in flight mode, I think he's 34" tall so I need something adjustable.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:01 PM   #775
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
The lights are magnetic led lights since the entire case is metal. It's definitely not for people looking for a constant on solution in which then you have to use a metal drill bit and make some holes. There are practically no gap for your wires to get around unlike a Detolf. It's pretty heavy duty and I'm pretty confident that the shelf would hold 60lbs. As for the posters, I bought these wooden bordered frames and used double sided tape plus a magnet strip. It holds pretty well.

This is the exact link to what I bought. There's still enough space to put something on the top or bottom depending how you adjusted the shelf. I have a 1/6 Hot Toys Batpod that fits in perfectly along with the JND gals.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
that's a nice case, but the size of the frames in those doors just hides way too much for me. Home Depot makes a pretty good, affordable case as well for about a $100 more. I haven't seen many collectors with it, though. This one comes with lighting as well. One would just have to leave out the 2 shelves.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/White-Wo...03-c/327642902
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:59 PM   #776
Singuy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
that's a nice case, but the size of the frames in those doors just hides way too much for me. Home Depot makes a pretty good, affordable case as well for about a $100 more. I haven't seen many collectors with it, though. This one comes with lighting as well. One would just have to leave out the 2 shelves.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/White-Wo...03-c/327642902
Those shelfs are not adjustable and their weight limit is around 30lbs. I have been wanting those cases but it's a no go.

As for the frame being thick, yes they are but doesn't block anything.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:06 PM   #777
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Given that we're paying $2300-$3000+ a pop for these JND pieces, why not just drop a premium, hire a contractor/carpenter and get what you really want?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 06:13 PM   #778
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Those shelfs are not adjustable and their weight limit is around 30lbs. I have been wanting those cases but it's a no go.

As for the frame being thick, yes they are but doesn't block anything.
The shelves aren't adjustable, but you just need to leave out the other 2 shelves when you build it. This would be my plan if I get these. There should enough room for most 1/3 statues or bigger 1/4. The middle shelf may need to be reinforced if one plans to put really heavy pieces up there, but the bottom shelf should be able to hold a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Given that we're paying $2300-$3000+ a pop for these JND pieces, why not just drop a premium, hire a contractor/carpenter and get what you really want?
I feel that would greatly depend on the house (assuming one owns it). Having huge shelves permanently built into the house probably won't be ideal for 99% of people looking to buy that house if you choose to sell it in the future. If the shelves were made to be adjustable, I suppose it could also serve as a library for someone, but again, that's a small amount of people that would like that.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:09 AM   #779
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

As expected, about 3 months or so after the pieces originally started shipping out, Sugo will soon be sending out my piece from their allotment.

Now the mad rush to find a place to display it, as well as space for the box!
Old 03-19-2024, 07:40 PM   #780
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

It’s arrived! Now the long wait, until I finish off work and can unbox this.