Suicide Squad

A very nice haul!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Yes... You never get something this nice free unless they know you and want to do it. There are a few artist who will do quick heads for free, but they usually don't look that good. Van Sciver drew a very nice free Sinestro in somone's Hardcover trade paper back this weekend. He will also draw small heads for free in his trades. The Sinestro he said was the nicest free one he has ever drawn. It had the head, chest and one of the arms going across with the ring.
so howmuch would that finch storm cost?
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #13
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
so howmuch would that finch storm cost?
Finch charges $60 for just a head sketch. You will have to ask him how much more depending on how much extra you want, and how elaborate the costume. For a torso he charges $200.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #14
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

nice additions mb~!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:27 AM   #15
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

outstanding pickups Michael...i love the accents of color Ethan did on those pieces...wow David's torso shots are $200 now...? bummer, i hope that isn't a new pricing structure, otherwise my commissions will only be the full size ones i have committed too already. i was hoping for a half dozen or so more torso shots, but if $200 becomes the new price point, i'll be passing.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #16
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
outstanding pickups Michael...i love the accents of color Ethan did on those pieces...wow David's torso shots are $200 now...? bummer, i hope that isn't a new pricing structure, otherwise my commissions will only be the full size ones i have committed too already. i was hoping for a half dozen or so more torso shots, but if $200 becomes the new price point, i'll be passing.
$200 is the new price, inflation baby.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #17
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Very Nice.

I was actually suprised you had not picked up that Silvestri earlier. Silvestri is my favorite artist and that splash is simply outstanding. Congrats!

Chris
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #18
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Very Nice.

I was actually suprised you had not picked up that Silvestri earlier. Silvestri is my favorite artist and that splash is simply outstanding. Congrats!

Chris
I have 3 of the other pages from this sequence already. As you know this double pager was pricey. On your way to save for something like this there are all these little Spider-Woman pieces that pop up that keep delaying the purchase. But I was hoping that no one else liked her that much to pay that much for her... I guess the gamble worked out. I got the other pages a year ago at Wizard World LA, now I only need two more.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thay all look great . Those finch pieces are awesome but ofcourse I prefere the Van Sciver Batman .
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #20
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I have 3 of the other pages from this sequence already. As you know this double pager was pricey. On your way to save for something like this there are all these little Spider-Woman pieces that pop up that keep delaying the purchase. But I was hoping that no one else liked her that much to pay that much for her... I guess the gamble worked out. I got the other pages a year ago at Wizard World LA, now I only need two more.
Sounds like the story of my life. I'm saving for a few things now but "this or that keeps popping up". I need to work on my self control but what kind of fun would that be . Once again all of them are nice additions to your collection.

By the way, did you meet Silvestri? Really cool guy to chill out with and talk to. He definately knows how to connect with his fans.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote