View Poll Results: Which Moon Knight is Better
White 53 45.30%
Silver 50 42.74%
I Like Both Equally 14 11.97%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 PM   #51
Das Brutah
The Avengers

The highlights on the white version and the gray painted face don't look right.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:25 PM   #52
Tyz1on
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshadow View Post
white, moon knight's costume is white, silver is just the wrong colour.
In his first series his costume is solid silver. However silver ink wasn't feasible for printing so they colored him white, just like the Silver Surfer. Much later there was version that wore a white costume but I forget how many years after the original that one came out.

People get caught up in the color of ink in the comics but if the same "he's colored white in the comics" logic holds true then Silver Surfer statues would all have to be white because he was drawn with white ink. Same with Rom Space Knight. His armor is silver but he's colored with white ink.

Anyway his very first appearance was in Werewolf by Night #32. If you check the cover in the lower left it pretty much settles the dispute. "Can even Werewolf battle a man clad in SOLID SILVER and Survive?!"

Tyz1on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #53
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Still massively disappointed we never got a FS BD Werewolf by Night before Randy closed shop.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #54
ravenshadow
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyz1on View Post
In his first series his costume is solid silver. However silver ink wasn't feasible for printing so they colored him white, just like the Silver Surfer. Much later there was version that wore a white costume but I forget how many years after the original that one came out.

People get caught up in the color of ink in the comics but if the same "he's colored white in the comics" logic holds true then Silver Surfer statues would all have to be white because he was drawn with white ink. Same with Rom Space Knight. His armor is silver but he's colored with white ink.

Anyway his very first appearance was in Werewolf by Night #32. If you check the cover in the lower left it pretty much settles the dispute. "Can even Werewolf battle a man clad in SOLID SILVER and Survive?!"

It's a bit obvious the silver surfer is silver. If he was called the green surfer its bit obvious what colour he is also.

Now that comic books can be coloured silver is moon knight coloured silver?
ravenshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #55
Tyz1on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshadow View Post
It's a bit obvious the silver surfer is silver. If he was called the green surfer its bit obvious what colour he is also.

Now that comic books can be coloured silver is moon knight coloured silver?
If he was the green surfer they would have used green ink! Green ink wasn't an issue to use. The silver ink was for two reasons. 1. The cost for metallic ink would driven the cost through the roof. 2. Metallic ink and news print don't get along very well. And that's probably the big reason why metallic ink is used primarily on gloss paper.

But back to Moon Knight. Last I heard he was wearing an all black body suit with silver armor that is still coloured with white ink, probably for the same reasons. Cost and paper.

Cheers

Old 06-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #56
ravenshadow

Quote:
If he was the green surfer they would have used green ink! Green ink wasn't an issue to use. The silver ink was for two reasons. 1. The cost for metallic ink would driven the cost through the roof. 2. Metallic ink and news print don't get along very well. And that's probably the big reason why metallic ink is used primarily on gloss paper.

But back to Moon Knight. Last I heard he was wearing an all black body suit with silver armor that is still coloured with white ink, probably for the same reasons. Cost and paper.

Cheers

Seriously why am I having this conversation with you.

Re-read what I wrote. If you don't read Moon Knight why argue with me?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:35 PM   #57
Tyz1on

Really the whole thing is based on the fact that what you said is completely and totally wrong. The statue you are basing you incorrect "white, moon knight's costume is white, silver is just the wrong colour. " is the classic Moon Knight and his costume in the comics is silver not white. It's not my fault that you are either too stubborn or too immature to admit that your statement was wrong. And you asked me about the silver ink and I was polite and mature enough to give some plausible reasons why they don't use silver ink. But seriously, why I am I having this conversation with you. You're obviously just mad because you were wrong.
You could have just said "thanks for info, I didn't know that". And if you still read Moon Knight and don't know that his new costume is black and silver....well.......

Bye Bye
Old 06-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #58
ravenshadow

Quote:
Really the whole thing is based on the fact that what you said is completely and totally wrong. The statue you are basing you incorrect "white, moon knight's costume is white, silver is just the wrong colour. " is the classic Moon Knight and his costume in the comics is silver not white. It's not my fault that you are either too stubborn or too immature to admit that your statement was wrong. And you asked me about the silver ink and I was polite and mature enough to give some plausible reasons why they don't use silver ink. But seriously, why I am I having this conversation with you. You're obviously just mad because you were wrong.
You could have just said "thanks for info, I didn't know that". And if you still read Moon Knight and don't know that his new costume is black and silver....well.......

Bye Bye
Do you know how to read?

You are not right at all.

Seriously, the character is white it is meant to an ironic contrast to batman. Just because you found word silver a couple of times is your own anallity.

The silver surfer is silver because its his ____ing name, if he was white he would be called the White Surfer. In a lot of recent comics he is coloured silver.

Go back to sleep.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:35 PM   #59
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Before you both earn a ban. Keep it civil.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:40 PM   #60
Tyz1on

A few words?? A few words?? It's the cover of the comic that introduces the character. Marvel comics and the team that introduces Moon Knight says he is clad in silver and you say I found a few words. It's like I'm dealing with a bag of hammers here?? The comic says silver and you in your utter ignorance still refuse to believe. Batman and a contrast has no bearing on it at all. Where the hell did you pull that from?? The "Committee gave him silver to fight a werewolf..you know....because werewolves and silver don't get along that well. Jesus, it's not rocket science to make that connection. And stop focusing on the Silver Surfer. I was using that as comparable for the white ink. How about Rom Space Knight?? Doesn't have to word silver in his title and he is colored with white ink. But guess what....his armor is actually......silver colored???? What????? I know.....crazy right.

Here: The origin of Moon knight

Born in Chicago, Illinois, Marc Spector is an American rabbi's wayward son. As an adult, Spector spends time as a heavyweight boxer, a U.S. Marine, and a mercenary. He becomes a skilled combatant and befriends the French pilot Jean-Paul DuChamp, whom he calls "Frenchie." While the pair work for the African mercenary Raoul Bushman in Egypt, the group stumble upon an archaeological dig whose crew includes Dr. Peter Alraune and his daughter Marlene. The dig had uncovered an ancient temple where artifacts included a statue of the Egyptian god Khonshu. Intent on looting the dig, Bushman kills Dr. Alraune. In response to Alraune's murder, Spector challenges Bushman to personal combat but is beaten nearly to death and left to die in the sub-zero temperatures of the desert night.

Roaming Egyptians who worship the ancient Egyptian gods find Spector and carry him to their temple. Helpless before the statue of Khonshu, Spector's heart stops. Khonshu appears to him in a vision, offering Spector a second chance at life if he becomes the god's avatar on earth. Spector awakens, wraps himself with the silver shroud that covers Khonshu's statue, and again confronts Bushman. He defeats Bushman and returns to America with Marlene Alraune, Frenchie, and the statue of Khonshu. Deciding to become a crime-fighter, Spector creates a silver cloaked costume, based on the silver shroud, and becomes the Moon Knight.

After his return to the United States, Spector invests the money that he had accumulated as a mercenary and develops a small fortune. To distance himself from his mercenary past he creates the identity of millionaire entrepreneur Steven Grant, using this identity to purchase a spacious estate. To remain in contact with the common man he also creates the identity of taxicab driver Jake Lockley.

The Committee supplies Mark Spector (as spelled in the comic) with the name Moon Knight, his costume and weapons to hunt down Jack Russell. In Los Angeles, Moon Knight captured the Werewolf for the Committee, but then freed him and halted the Committee's plans. In New York, after setting up his identities as Jake Lockley and Steven Grant, he then battled Conquer-Lord. He then battled his brother Randall, alias the Hatchet-Man.

His true origin was later recounted, how he first met Marlene Alraune and Frenchie, and fought Roald Bushman. He then first battled the Midnight Man. Then, he first battled Morpheus. He encountered Daredevil, and battled the Jester. He then first encountered Stained Glass Scarlet. Later, he battled the Werewolf once again. He battled Bora, and met the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. He then encountered Doctor Strange.

From Comic readers

Werewolf By Night #32
Originally shipped August 1975
Marvel Comics
(w) Doug Moench
(a) Don Perlin

Noteworthy: First Appearance of Moon Knight

From bad to worse to terrible; that pretty much describes Jacob (Jack) Russell's life. Jack's family bloodline carries with it the curse of lycanthropy and by day Jack tries to end this terrible curse. But on the three nights of the full moon each month, Jack Russell is better known as Werewolf By Night. For those that missed the issue #31 of Werewolf By Night, Topaz, Buck Cowan, Jack and his sister, Lissa, took a ski trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. While on this trip, the werewolf almost killed a child and would have succeeded had it not been for Buck Cowan who intervened and was severely injured. With Buck's life hanging in the balance, we open this issue in the next evening.

Here the werewolf is being beaten by a mysterious hunter dressed all in silver and wearing a heavy, hooded cape. A skilled savateur, the figure identified only as the Moon Knight, employs a number of silver weapons, including weighted, silver-toed boots, silver gauntlets and a number of crescent moon razors that tear into the werewolf's flesh. Just when things look like the worst, we go to flashback. Jack wakes up covered with snow and must find a way back to town. Upon arriving home, he is told Buck was mauled and may not pull through. At the hospital, Jack is told by Topaz and Lissa that Buck has fallen into a coma from which he may never recover. Frustrated, Jack punches the wall, potentially breaking his hand, and Lissa decides for the next couple of days it would be safest for her to stay with Topaz.

Jack is confronted by Moon Knight first in his own house, where in true villain-like fashion, Moon Knight provides a detailed monologue of how "The Committee" hired him to bring Jack Russell / Werewolf in alive for ten thousand dollars. They provided him with the silver weapons, costume, and the moniker of Moon Knight (which he admits is a "pretty stupid name")* so that he could accomplish the task. Jack's dad holds Moon Knight at bay, allowing Jack to escape and turn into the Werewolf By Night. This brings us to the opening we saw at the beginning of this issue. With only a couple pages left, Moon Knight knocks werewolf out, while Frenchie (Moon Knight's partner) kidnaps Topaz and Lissa as extra insurance.