Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #131
protector2814
Phoenix

Have to wonder if the "evil twin" was in the cards all the time, or written as a "Oh Sh%+" back peddle as a result of the backlash?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #132
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Have to wonder if the "evil twin" was in the cards all the time, or written as a "Oh Sh%+" back peddle as a result of the backlash?
My money is on backpeddling.

I wonder if they were going to use the whole thing for a Flashpoint-esque 'soft reset' of the MCU. Still could I guess.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #133
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
I don't know, some comics are done months in advance, but it's always possible they've changed the story at some point.
I personally think it was 'in the cards' all the time.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #134
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Joe - Have you read the latest issue yet? Waiting to hear your thoughts on this?
Rich, haven't been to the LCS in a few weeks. New job further away makes it harder. So, no, haven't picked this up yet though I've read the spoilers which never bother me.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #135
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
I don't know, some comics are done months in advance, but it's always possible they've changed the story at some point.
I personally think it was 'in the cards' all the time.
With writer Nick Spencer's Secret Empire taking so much heat from retailers, fans, collectors, Cap-fans, etc ... it may be really hitting Marvel in more ways then just money. The article that Wktf mentioned in another thread mentions the heat fascist Cap is creating, I think it's very possible/probable in a case like this that The Mighty Bullpen reversed course in a hurry & may have overridden an original story for a "Oh, but that wasn't our Captain America" storyline. I imagine if they had to, Marvel could push a new arc quickly.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #136
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
With writer Nick Spencer's Secret Empire taking so much heat from retailers, fans, collectors, Cap-fans, etc ... it may be really hitting Marvel in more ways then just money. The article that Wktf mentioned in another thread mentions the heat fascist Cap is creating, I think it's very possible/probable in a case like this that The Mighty Bullpen reversed course in a hurry & may have overridden an original story for a "Oh, but that wasn't our Captain America" storyline. I imagine if they had to, Marvel could push a new arc quickly.
Right, and wasn't Spencer or Alonso previously quoted as saying that this is the real Cap, only now to seem like it's not the real Cap, tying in Dimension Z or even Secret Invasion? If that's so then this does feel like back peddling.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #137
Y3E
Gen 13

I really hope that is not the case and Marvel did not cave in to the heat and change the story. As much as I do not like Hydra Cap I would like to see the original story.

But, it is possible you are right due to the different artists in the book; last few pages where we meet the real Rogers is done by a different artist.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #138
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Right, and wasn't Spencer or Alonso previously quoted as saying that this is the real Cap, only now to seem like it's not the real Cap, tying in Dimension Z or even Secret Invasion? If that's so then this does feel like back peddling.
Back-peddling or intentionally deceiving. Take your pick. Thing is, we've seen heroes replaced before (e.g., Spidey-The clone, Ms. Marvel-Moonstone, Cap-US Agent, Thor-Thunderstrike, Batman-Azrael, Superman - The 4 replacements, and so on. It's rarely received well by the fanbase as they generally do not appreciate feeling manipulated, financially or emotionally. This storyline will pass like all the others before. I don't think anyone misses any of the prior "replacements" which serves as compelling commentary on the subject.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #139
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Also considering how quickly Marvel were able to reshuffle X-men Gold after the artist committed career suicide makes me think this isn't as difficult as we all would normally think it was.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #140
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Also considering how quickly Marvel were able to reshuffle X-men Gold after the artist committed career suicide makes me think this isn't as difficult as we all would normally think it was.
Like the title of this thread says "What Crap!"
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote