Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
monel
Mephisto

Exclamation Alex Ross Canvas #

Hi do you guys just look for the number or just get what you can? and which canvas is you best nunber you have ?
monel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I get what I can but I only have one canvas, Green Lantern Mythology (74/100). But I have a couple paper Ross, Original Seven (201/500) and Knoght over Gotham A/P (16/35) - which also were get what I can.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #3
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I have 3 Canvas, 1 I tried to get the lowest I could which is #5. The Avengers piece I got for half off so I did not care. The last one I got was the Wonder Woman Shadows and again I just took what they gave me which was #19.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #4
BurningRage
Inhumans

I don't have a choice for whatever number when I buy them online. I have some AP and PP ones since the reg out of 100 weren't available. Don't care what number I get anyway and wouldn't pay extra for low numbers.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:00 AM   #5
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I get what I can. The number or whether it's an AP, DX, SDX, Sample, etc, is pretty meaningless to me.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #6
SuperJ300
Zot

I get what's ever is available with Alex Ross piece. I would pay more for AP.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #7
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Is there really an edition called SDX?
I have had one case where, after a few years, a canvas started having white 'speckles' - it was something to do with the printing technique. However from what I can gather this was an isolated incident to that painting only, and the producers were aware of it, so were happy to replace it for me (since I got it from them) with the original being destroyed. However, as my original was 25/100, the replacement was DX 25/100, so I gathered the "DX" was for replacements. But never have I heard of SDX, unless it is a replacement of a replacement . Because as we collectors know, the only thing worse than not wanting to stuff up an original edition size by adding to it or making multiples, is making alternate editions of the exact same thing. Of course I don't believe that to be the case as I think the DX's etc were just replacements (and samples/APs given to industry insiders), and the Ross prints and canvases make for stunning fine art / collectables to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I get what I can but I only have one canvas, Green Lantern Mythology (74/100). But I have a couple paper Ross, Original Seven (201/500) and Knoght over Gotham A/P (16/35) - which also were get what I can.
Would be good to hear from a straight-shooter. How do you find the canvas compared to the paper ones? Though obviously you don't have 2 of the same to compare formats, but you may have seen them over your hunting days. Do you think the canvas 'pops' more, or much the same? In general the Ross canvases are always bigger than the paper ones, right?
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #8
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Which one had the white speckles? Jokers Reckoning?

Mine has a similar issue, but I never contacted Clampett about it.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #9
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post

Would be good to hear from a straight-shooter. How do you find the canvas compared to the paper ones? Though obviously you don't have 2 of the same to compare formats, but you may have seen them over your hunting days. Do you think the canvas 'pops' more, or much the same? In general the Ross canvases are always bigger than the paper ones, right?
I have paper and canvas Ross giclees. The canvas ones are bigger than the paper ones of the same artwork and they pop more.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #10
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Here's an SDX Batman Beyond (I think mine is a DX)

http://www.planetkrypton.net/product...y-and-Tomorrow