Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Which one applies to you?
LIE...I lie to the spouse about the true cost of my statue purchases. 48 26.82%
TRUTH...my spouse knows how expensive my statue collecting is. 102 56.98%
DIVORCED...I chose statues over my ex-spouse! 3 1.68%
SINGLE...Will never get hitched. It's not their business what I spend my money on! 26 14.53%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #141
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Yeah but if you're married it SEEMS a lot longer.
Booyah!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #142
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
None of the options really apply to me. As long as the bills are paid and we're not strapped for cash then the topic never comes up. She doesn't ask and I don't say. If she'd ask I would tell her. She really has no interest in my collection.
This is kind of the key. As long as both parties are responsible and important money payments are made, and a decent amount is being saved for the future, then spend what you will on what you want.

I know that this forum is about statues, and the topic is about spending on statues, but it really extends out to any hobby you have interest in. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed of what you enjoy, and don't let a relationship get in the way of it. I see far too many husbands who stop being themselves, and abandon their hobbies because a wife enters into a relationship with the intent of changing them. (I'm sure it happens vice versa as well, I just don't hang out with many wives.) Fine, you're a couple now, and do things as a unit - but you're still two individuals.

This thread is starting to run its course, but basically it boils down to mutual respect. It's not a "she's not changing me, I'm a MAN! A MANLY MANLY MAN!" nor is it a "I have to hide my purchases and lie because I'm afraid of her". Be an adult, respect him/her, and yourself. Marry a friend, not a boss.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #143
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I lie, so if she leaves she won't get half of the true value. Same with my watches, guitars and car.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #144
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Even if you lied, how can they not know? It's called google...the company name and name of the statue is on the side of the box.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
None of the options really apply to me. As long as the bills are paid and we're not strapped for cash then the topic never comes up. She doesn't ask and I don't say. If she'd ask I would tell her. She really has no interest in my collection.

There are times where she'll ask if I have any money left over after a con or something - but that's just because she wants to go to Sizzler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
This is kind of the key. As long as both parties are responsible and important money payments are made, and a decent amount is being saved for the future, then spend what you will on what you want.

I know that this forum is about statues, and the topic is about spending on statues, but it really extends out to any hobby you have interest in. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed of what you enjoy, and don't let a relationship get in the way of it. I see far too many husbands who stop being themselves, and abandon their hobbies because a wife enters into a relationship with the intent of changing them. (I'm sure it happens vice versa as well, I just don't hang out with many wives.) Fine, you're a couple now, and do things as a unit - but you're still two individuals.

This thread is starting to run its course, but basically it boils down to mutual respect. It's not a "she's not changing me, I'm a MAN! A MANLY MANLY MAN!" nor is it a "I have to hide my purchases and lie because I'm afraid of her". Be an adult, respect him/her, and yourself. Marry a friend, not a boss.
I may joke around in my posts but you guys are right. My wife is smart and it would be stupid to think I can trick her regarding the prices of these statues. She knows how much these things cost and doesn't like what I spend on them, but the bills are paid, the family is fed, we still do the things we want, so it is good. We both have our hobbies and when they get out of hand then it is time re-evaluate what is important.

Happy collecting!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #145
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
It's very sad knowing so many men are weak willed cowards that are obviously under their wives control... I mean seriously some "men " should grow a pair.
We can't all be big balled "real men" like you... I mean some of us treat our partners as equals, weird I know right.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #146
Roy Batty
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
My wife knows I spend a lot, just not how much. She is supportive, and all the important bills get paid first, and whatever is left gets spent. She knows that.
Same here. Been married 18 years and it's my only vice. She knew beforehand about my collecting.
Roy Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #147
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
We can't all be big balled "real men" like you... I mean some of us treat our partners as equals, weird I know right.
Lol if you have to ask permission to buy something or hide your property from someone then you are not their equal.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #148
SAB380
The X-Men

My wife doesn't care what I spend.
She hates how much room 1/4 and 1/3 statues take up though.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #149
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Lol if you have to ask permission to buy something or hide your property from someone then you are not their equal.

I don't have to, I don't think I've seen anybody else say they do either. But two grown ups in a relationship talking over large purchases is very different to having to ask permission. And your male dominant views are archaic. I'm guessing you're extremely single...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #150
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Like my spouse already mentioned, we collect together (statues, games, comics and boardgames) . We both know exactly how much everything costs. Disadvantage.. we want a lot so we have to much stuff
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote