Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Which one applies to you?
LIE...I lie to the spouse about the true cost of my statue purchases. 48 26.82%
TRUTH...my spouse knows how expensive my statue collecting is. 102 56.98%
DIVORCED...I chose statues over my ex-spouse! 3 1.68%
SINGLE...Will never get hitched. It's not their business what I spend my money on! 26 14.53%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #21
risingstar
Jedi Order

My hobby has never been a financial concern for the wiser half. However, I have had to remain conscious of the space, including boxes, they take.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #22
BurningRage
Inhumans

This pf was $20 Yeah that should work
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #23
SONICobra
Batman

if i was married i would tell her the truth, that sh_t always catches up with you sooner or later. the only people i lie to when asked how much these things cost are my parents, i just dont want a lecture on how i could better spend my money... as far as they know they all cost "around $400-500" lol #$1200thanos
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #24
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Bunch of people I wouldn't want to buy from. Dishonest with the wife? I'm sure it doesn't stop there.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #25
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if i was married i would tell her the truth, that sh_t always catches up with you sooner or later. the only people i lie to when asked how much these things cost are my parents, i just dont want a lecture on how i could better spend my money... as far as they know they all cost "around $400-500" lol #$1200thanos
No significant other. Only one of my brothers knows what I spend, and now he ribs me for it.

My parents don't even know about my collection. Would never tell my dad. He's always given it to all of us concerning expenditures. Anything that we value (and he doesn't) is a "rubber asshole" to him.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #26
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Lol-if you were married you'd know that you just as likely to get that lecture if you don't lie to your spouse! ��

Seriously though, I guess it depends who you marry. I found that my spouse had much less tolerance for this hobby once we had kids.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:28 PM   #27
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Never been an issue - she's cool with it.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #28
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I tell my wife the costs but I use a reward spending account I get through my work to buy them. She is a little salty i dont use the rewards for other stuff we buy on amazon for the baby and such, but my paycheck covers all the bills for the family and I just use this spending account. Damn pricing is skyrocketing though and my spending account does not fill that fast, so I have had to chill until I build up more. She would never let me use paycheck money to pay for these.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #29
Choopie
Birdman

My husband knows the prices of these statues. Whenever I get a new piece, I get two questions: how much did it cost, and where are you going to put it? But I support his hobby too, which is military firearms, which are more expensive than statues, although far more utilitarian.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #30
manboy
Sinister Six

I told my wife my XM Ghost Rider cost 300 bucks and she thought that was a lot of money but I should treat myself. I am ashamed...
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote