Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Which one applies to you?
LIE...I lie to the spouse about the true cost of my statue purchases. 48 26.82%
TRUTH...my spouse knows how expensive my statue collecting is. 102 56.98%
DIVORCED...I chose statues over my ex-spouse! 3 1.68%
SINGLE...Will never get hitched. It's not their business what I spend my money on! 26 14.53%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #31
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

It's not just the spouse as noted. Most people are shocked and not in a good way to learn what these things cost, and, frankly, don't look at you as some type of sane person for spending XYZ on a collection. It's not their thing, and therefor, don't see the value, or even find having such a collection/indulgence childish.

I'm not embarrassed for collecting these things or even reading comics, but don't feel the need to divulge the full details to everyone I encounter either.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #32
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

I'm practically a n00b so it's not an issue.
She has her money and I have mine.

Also, it's really nice too see that profile pic, Hanky.
It's been a while.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #33
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Damn, I was really hoping we could see who voted for what

My fiancé knows a little bit more about the cost of statues. Since being together, he has purchased the PCS 1:4 She-Ra and the Harley Quin B&W for me as gifts. He was amazed at the cost of She-Ra, and she's on the "cheaper" end of the prices.

However, he has no idea the cost of a XM or SS PF. I cover the costs of those, save in advance, and have no intention of telling him. And since I don't lie about it, it's kinda true. If he asks I would tell him

Statues are my splurge (along with shoes). His addiction is board games which seems to be getting just as expensive as statues. A few months ago he backed Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 on kickstarter for a whopping $750.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I should also add that we work long days and neither one of us tells one another what to do with our money. We save for retirement and rainy days, but we're also aware that we can't take money with us when we bite the dust (Girlfriend of 3 1/2 years).

When engagement ring conversations start to become prominent, clearly there will be a large gap in my collecting.
This is a man who's knows where to put the money and doesn't forget the sparkles! Go Team Walker Fodder!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #34
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Damn, I was really hoping we could see who voted for what

My fiancé knows a little bit more about the cost of statues. Since being together, he has purchased the PCS 1:4 She-Ra and the Harley Quin B&W for me as gifts. He was amazed at the cost of She-Ra, and she's on the "cheaper" end of the prices.

However, he has no idea the cost of a XM or SS PF. I cover the costs of those, save in advance, and have no intention of telling him. And since I don't lie about it, it's kinda true. If he asks I would tell him

Statues are my splurge (along with shoes). His addiction is board games which seems to be getting just as expensive as statues. A few months ago he backed Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 on kickstarter for a whopping $750.00.

This is a man who's knows where to put the money and doesn't forget the sparkles! Go Team Walker Fodder!
Board games?! He's a dork!

Kidding. I just wanted to be one of those geeks that judges other geeks hobbies for a second.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #35
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Bunch of people I wouldn't want to buy from. Dishonest with the wife? I'm sure it doesn't stop there.
Well to be fair, their wives lie to them when they say "they are going out with the girls" when they are really hooking up with their boyfriend.

It's a wash.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #36
SuperJ300
Zot

luckly my wife has stopped asking me how much each statue is. The price is a lot more know than two years ago!!lol

Don't think she will be impressed with today price So!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #37
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
It's not just the spouse as noted. Most people are shocked and not in a good way to learn what these things cost, and, frankly, don't look at you as some type of sane person for spending XYZ on a collection. It's not their thing, and therefor, don't see the value, or even find having such a collection/indulgence childish.

I'm not embarrassed for collecting these things or even reading comics, but don't feel the need to divulge the full details to everyone I encounter either.
exactly, some guy at work told me what he spent on some collector pair of nikes one time and i thought "so this is what it feels like to judge others on what they spend" lol
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #38
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Board games?! He's a dork!
Kidding. I just wanted to be one of those geeks that judges other geeks hobbies for a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Well to be fair, their wives lie to them when they say "they are going out with the girls" when they are really hooking up with their boyfriend.
It's a wash.
Good round, brother.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #39
COI

I love these threads.

Looking forward to 20+ pages of people projecting their personal circumstances onto the world and calling that reality.

Don't disappoint me, Statueforum.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #40
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

My partner knows how expensive these things are and he doesn't care, so long as he doesn't have to pay for any of them.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote