Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-31-2016, 08:15 PM   #81
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It's really sad. People are so desperate and starved of falcon product that some cali residents are paying nearly 800 dollars after insane cal taxes to own this small falcon. It might be a glitch some are saying but people still happily hit enter. Holy ---- buy the code 3 version on eBay LOL

Anyone looking to PO this I suggest do it off site. Razor's edge for example has it with just a $50 deposit. That's not so bad of a risk, but 599 is still pretty heavy for a 13" model.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #82
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
$599 full and $200 deposit NON REFUNDABLE in either case

and

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ONLY! ANTICIPATED SHIPPING NOVEMBER/DECEMBER, 2016.

and

pay in full and get yours first! free shipping!

And I'm all like

Price is probably about right for what they are offering so don't expect it to be all that, unless it is the suggested 13 inch length by someone who contacted Brain about the size, then it's just terribly priced. Non refundable payments. And I bet they are anticipating the end of this year for shipping LMMFAO holy ---- LOL I feel so bad for everyone who goes in on this blind and 2 years from now they are posting on forums across the net" wtf omg efx where is my ship can I have refund????"

Really though I hope they come through but I ain't holding my breathe, and I ain't pre-ordering. I might think about it after it's said and done and it's up there on their site for purchase, but I suspect that if POs suck then it'll quietly fall on the backburner and what I suggest will probably come true. I like to think a ship that has taken 8 years to arrive for PO can be done within months after PO goes up....

So sorry, but non refundable payments to them without seeing the final product? ---- THAT! LOL. I could trust prop replicas maybe in that sense but not the falcon, that is unless they plan to craft these themselves. I find that hard to believe but maybe. Maybe then I could see trusting them even knowing it may be years. shrug
You know, the fine molds 1/72 scale is around 18" long. The only mention of size on the efx website is that it is 1/100 scale. It probably *is* around 13".

Not trying to cause a big scare, just going with the provided "facts". I don't know where bbts got the 19" from.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:41 PM   #83
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
some cali residents are paying nearly 800 dollars after insane cal taxes to own this small falcon.
Wow, so glad I don't live in the California you're talking about, because in the one I live in taxes would be about $60 for this.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:45 AM   #84
clutch
Sailor Moon

The powder blue areas are throwing me off.

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #85
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
You know, the fine molds 1/72 scale is around 18" long. The only mention of size on the efx website is that it is 1/100 scale. It probably *is* around 13".

Not trying to cause a big scare, just going with the provided "facts". I don't know where bbts got the 19" from.
It's probably the size of the packaging. I'm repeating what very well may be bull----, but someone on another forum said Brian confirmed it was 13" long, which is about right when I look at it in pictures at cons.

This is the efx falcon next to lightsabers, and we know how big those are:

$599 for that with $10-$20 worth of electrical wire and LEDs? I bring up the wire and leds because I know someone will be like, yeah but it has lighting!!! and I'm like, do you even mod? to know that lighting costs dollars here and probably pennies in china?

Other pictures make it out as a 19" long beast. I don't know what the truth is, but I do know that Fine Molds Falcon just got alot more attractive to me while I wait for a decent Falcon. I'm just glad I didn't wait since 2009 like alot of people

I hope for everyone involved, this picture is ooooold and they upped the size and made it even better. Buyers deserve more for their 599 base price before shipping/taxes.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #86
Python
Omega Red

It's nice, but I'm hoping Bandai will put out a 1/72 version of their incredible kit personally..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #87
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

This company has become a joke
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:15 AM   #88
Qosby
Doh!

C'mon Ricky Bobby.. they mean well. They mean well to show off a bunch of vaporware product the customer will never own in their lifetimes!

Qosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #89
goldbuffalo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

According to the web, the Millennium Falcon is 34.75 metres (114.0 ft) long.

1/100 would be 1.14 ft , which in my book would be 13"

Which if fine, it'll be a nice size for a shelf.
goldbuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:29 AM   #90
FROBAY
Phoenix

Just got an email from EFX, it is 13 1/2" long. This is about 200.00 over priced. IMO
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote